Ch 9

"Darling?" My eyes fluttered open as I heard a whisper next to me. I groaned as I awoke fully, icy blue eyes staring directly above me. I was still lying on the beanbag, I must have fallen asleep. Alexandria smiled as she stood up and planted a kiss on my forehead, the action causing butterflies to appear in my stomach again, something I was becoming quite fond of.

"You looked so peaceful sleeping, my dear. It was hard to bring myself to disturb you." She held out her hand, gesturing for me to stand up. I looked at her hand, pondering for a moment. I noticed she had green and red marks between one of her fingers, probably from the homework she was marking earlier. Her sleeve had rode up just above her wrist due to her stretching out her arm, my eyes falling on something shiny just underneath. 

She must have noticed where my gaze was as she retracted her arm and held her wrist with her other hand. She tilted her head down at me and frowned, the sight making my throat go dry. I was still on the beanbag so my neck started to ache as I was looking up at her. 

"Hm." I couldn't read what she was thinking and before I knew it she had sat down beside me, causing me to be slightly taller than her as she was sat on the floor. She looked back at her wrist and fiddled with the strap of something before handing me what looked like a bracelet. 

I examined it. It was a thick, black leather bracelet that was clasped together with a shiny, metal rectangle. I looked back at her, she was hugging her knees and resting her head on her arms, her eyes looking at me.

"It holds my mother's ashes." She whispered softly. My eyes grew in shock as I felt immediate guilt. 

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to-." I tried to give it back to her but was cut off in the process. 

"It's okay, Aurora. I could tell you were curious." Her hands squeezed mine before she took the bracelet back and clasped it back onto her wrist. 

"Now, are we going to stay here all day or do you want to see what I have planned for us?" She stood back up and smiled at me, once again holding out her hand. This time I took it, rolling my eyes in the process due to her sarcasm, but smiling to make sure she knew I was joking. 

I heard her laugh as I stood up. 

"What?" I said, confused.

"Nothing bambina, now come on let's go." She playfully winked before heading to the door. 

~~~

We were in her car and she had been driving for what felt like hours. 

"Are we almost there yet?" I groaned.

"Just a bit longer, Aurora. Be patient." She shot me a stern glance before looking back onto the road in front.

"Ughhhhh. I don't do patience." I turned my body to face her, crossing my legs over on the seat.

"I can tell." Her right hand had moved from the steering wheel to my knee, her thumb rubbing softly over it. I looked down to her where her hand was placed as I could all of a sudden feel my heartbeat quicken.

I know it has only been one week, but I have never felt this strongly about someone before. In the past I have had similar crushes on girls, sometimes boys when I was young, but nothing has ever quite felt like this. She's my college professor, I know it's frowned upon, but we're both adults. She was taking a big risk even being seen with me outside of college, but she doesn't seem to be phased. To think she could most likely lose her job, but here she is stroking my fucking knee, in her car. No one has ever taken such a risk for me. 

𝑰 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒔𝒆, 𝑴𝒔 𝑪𝒂𝒊𝒏.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें