The Ultimatum.

Hedhran stood before the massive entrance of the Bajaj Mansion which was  royally sandwiched between two monumental walls. His great grandfather was adamant about making the walls enormous. He wanted to save his sanctuary from the public eye.  All men in the Bajaj family took their privacy very seriously. It's just that Hedhran took it, a bit too gravely.

Standing in front of the gates, in  clothes drenched in his sweat from the morning run, he admired the beauty of the his home. Every thing was virtuous  about the mansion, from the architectural aspect to the people living there. Well, except for himself, he thought.

He loved his family. He was not an expressive person. He had never openly showered them with love. But he looked after them, each one of them, in his own way.

The Bajajs were different from the other eminent business families.They valued the morals of life, and have never once compromised with their principles. They never brought business to home. Unlike all other, powerful families, Bajajs never married for the sake of business. His grandfather, father and uncle, all married for love. His family expected the same from him too.

How could they even imagine him falling in love? He couldn't even imagine himself falling in love. Love for him was a superficial concept. He had grown up in a family overflowing with love. Still he couldn't digest the word love.

He had  many girlfriends before,but was definitely not in love with any of them.He only did casual dating. As a man, he had his needs and was quite content to satisfy those  burning desires.

After admiring the beauty of his home for the umpteenth time, he rushed  inside and went directly to his room. He showered and changed into his office clothes. He was looking at some official mail, when someone knocked at his door. He opened the door to find Harsh, his younger brother. He looked very much sleepy. Someone must have forcibly awakened him to run an errand.

Hedhran raised his eyebrows at his brother.

"What have you done now?" probbed harsh
"What the hell are you talking about?" Hredhan enquired.

"Well, seems like you are in trouble. Dadu has asked for you. "

( 𝗱𝗮𝗱𝘂 - 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿)

"Why would I be in trouble? "

Harsh let out an irritated sign at his brother and continued.

"Using my detective skills I found out that all the elders were gathered at dadu's room yesterday and were engaged in a very serious conversation. About you. "

"Me? "

"Yes.you.."

"Oh......hm..ok....you go. I will come now. "

"Okay"

Soon he found himself in the living area of the Bajaj mansion subjected to the scrutinized glare of his family. Even his sisters, Hiya and siya were giving him disapproving looks. It was his father who spoke first.

"You cannot continue like this. You are going to be thirty this September."

"I don't understand"hedhran clarified.

" No. You won't. You can't understand anything other than work" His mother chided .

"Maa"

She ignored him.

"We want you to get married" His uncle said.

"What" He snapped.

"Hedhran Bajaj!!!. Mind your tone. It is not your office" warned his dad.

" I don't want to get married now"

"Hedhran, enough with the casual dating stuff. Go and pursue someone with the intention of settling down." His grandfather spoke finally.

" I am  quite settled in my life"

"Are you? " his brother mocked.

"Shut up harsh." Hedhran glared at his brother.

" Harsh. Go upstairs with your sisters. Right now. " Ordered his grandmother.

They wanted to stay behind and watch the drama unfold. But his dadi (grandmother) didn't let them. After their departure, his dadu continued.

" Hedhran. If you are not married by this September, you will be removed from the line of succession. You will never be the CEO of Bajaj empire "

"No.you can't do that"

" I can and I will. You know that very well." Claimed Deepak Bajaj aka his grandfather."

"Yes, I know."

"We don't have another choice." his aunt added.

"I can see that. My family kinda blackmailed me".

Even though Hedhran tried hard to remain aloof. He couldn't do that. He was furious at his family for throwing an ultimatum. They knew  how important the CEO postion was for him. It was a low blow.

"We care for you, we want you to be happy."said his mother.

  Of course. Then give me that damned CEO postion thought Hedhran.

But he was clever enough to not voice that. He needed time to think. He cannot just give away the postion, his postion. He needed to come up with something.

" As you wish.  I must leave for my office. I have work. I am expected at eight.  Bye"

"Poor girl. That assistant of him. " Hedhran heard his mother as he left. ....

𝓛𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓭𝓸 𝓿𝓸𝓽𝓮..