The Gathering

Niharika looked at the people gathered in her living room and a small smile escaped her lips. The living room which seemed quite big enough for her family, now seemed cramped in the presence of the Bajajs..
The Bajajs were at her home!!!!!!!!!!!. It was so hard to believe. A year ago, if someone had told her that something of this sort would happen to her ,she wouldn't have believed it for the almighty himself. But right now, the great Bajajs were at her home, that too discussing her marriage.

What was more unbelievable was the fact that the Bajajs and the Menons hit it off immediately. Obviously, there were some awkwardness in the beginning, but it soon evaporated, leaving behind a comfortable vibe. Everybody in the room seemed cheerful except for the man sitting at the corner, her future husband she thought. He seemed aloof and detached as always.

'That man needs to smile more" She mumbled herself.

"Niha, Did you said something beta?" asked Hema, who was sitting right beside her.

"No, Aunty, nothing"

"Chachi. I am your chachi, now".

" Yes.... Ehmmmm. Chachi". She said awkwardly, sensing Hedhran's eyes on her. Hesitantly, she looked towards him. He was staring at her with an unreadable expression on his face. He might probably be angry she thought. He had missed work for three days in a row. For a man like him, that was more than enough to turn the world upside down. She rolled her eyes at him. Much to her satisfaction, Hedhran responded to her eye roll with a shoulder shrug of his own. Niharika ignored it and asserted her whole concentration on the conversation infront of her.

"We have had enough chatter now, lets talk about their marriage" said Deepak Bajaj.

"I was just going to say that" Laxman responded.

"Let's start by fixing the date for marriage" said Shekhar.

"Lets not delay with the marriage. It has been so long since a marriage has happened in the family." Maya said enthusiastically.

"By soon, Do you mean within three months or something? asked Sreelekha.

" Three months????? "asked Hedhran almost sounding shocked.

" Or do you want it to be next year? " Sreelekha continued.

"An year??? I wish to marry her within this month. " Hedhran announced, earning a huge laughter from the people around. Niharika just blushed.
That idiot!!!!!!. People might think that he was dying to marry her she thought. Only she knew that he was only dying to secure his CEO position.

"We kind of agree with Hedhran in this" Nandhini said while rest of the Bajajs  just nodded in agreement.

"But isn't it a bit too early? " Shekhar asked.

"We have already accepted her as our daughter in law. The rest is just a formality. " Rahul Bajaj said.

"We have a lot to prepare. How will things workout within this limited period".

" Don't worry about things. We will work it out together. As far as the venue is concerned, we have the Bajaj mansion, we can conduct all the functions there. You don't have to worry about that at all. " Deepak said

"But???"

"No buts. We owe it you. We are taking away your sunshine . She is going to be ours. She is going to be a Bajaj. That's the most, you could offer us. And that's the only thing we want from you. " said Maya

"Yes,  so just give her to us fast.
We will always keep her happy".Rahul supported his mother.

Shekhar and Sreelekha could only smile at the response. They were really happy for their daughter. They considered themselves lucky to have their daughter sent off to a family that genuinely cared for her well being.