Chapter 58: The Top Scorer - Darling, don't you want to sleep tonight?

Early the next morning, Ji Wan'er felt sore all over her body.

Looking at Xiao Qingming still asleep beside her, she had originally planned to tease him. However, seeing the fatigue on his face and his slightly thinner cheeks, she couldn't bear to do it.

She leaned down and gently kissed his dry lips before getting out of bed.

When Xiao Qingming returned, Ji Wan'er's attention was no longer fully focused on the shop. She briefly visited a few shops in the afternoon and then came back.

Xiao Qingming had slept for a long time, only waking up around noon.

Seeing Xiao Qingming looking exhausted, Ji Wan'er couldn't understand how he had been so energetic the previous night.

As Xiao Qingming glanced over, Ji Wan'er's face flushed, and she said, "What do you want to eat? I'll make it for you."

"Anything will do."

There were many ready-made dishes in the kitchen, so Ji Wan'er selected a few for Xiao Qingming and also prepared a large bowl of egg soup, which she brought over.

Xiao Qingming still had a good appetite.

If others didn't know, they would probably think he had suffered and been mistreated for the past month, starving for a whole month.

After eating to his heart's content and feeling drowsy, Xiao Qingming pulled Ji Wan'er onto the bed to sleep together.

The next morning, Xiao Qingming started reading again, while Ji Wan'er went busy herself in the shop.

By evening, Nanny Dong and her family came over.

Upon arriving at the shop, Nanny Dong followed and busied herself for a while. When it was time to close, she asked, "Where's your husband? Why haven't I seen him? Is he still asleep?"

These past two days, she had heard from the men in her family that her son-in-law had a particularly tough time with the exam. When they went to the imperial examination hall to pick him up, his legs were so weak that he needed the support of his father and Ah Yuan to get on the carriage.

She heard that her son-in-law was considered lucky; many people fainted right after coming out.

Her son-in-law's health wasn't great, so they rested for two days, and then he was anxious to return home.

When they brought him here, although her son-in-law seemed to be in good spirits, his body wasn't in great shape, appearing weak.

"No, he stayed at home and studied all day today," Ji Wan'er explained.

Hearing her daughter's words, Nanny Dong was extremely surprised. He had just returned from the capital after taking the exam, and now he was already studying again.

"How is his health?" Nanny Dong asked.

Thinking about Xiao Qingming's performance these past few days, Ji Wan'er's face slightly flushed, her gaze shifting as she casually said, "He's doing fine."

Nanny Dong didn't know what her daughter was thinking and thought that she wasn't taking her husband's health seriously. She quickly said, "Your father told me that they had a particularly tough time with the exam, and many people fainted. They've been resting at home for a few days, but haven't fully recovered. You should take good care of your husband these days."

Take care of Xiao Qingming's health?

He didn't seem weak and in need of care.

Ji Wan'er picked up the fan nearby and fanned herself.