Part 6

We made our way out, and Andrew was walking close behind me as we b-lined towards the nurses office.

We got there and met Ms. Cherry at her desk to check in.

"Why hello there, you two. What brings you here?"

She smiled up at us kindly, and Andrew moved to the side so she could see me clearly.

"Uh..hi, Ms. Cherry. There was an accident in our science class and.."

I trailed off, remembering that if I told her I might've been hurt, then she was required to examine my body and check for scars.

I had burn marks and scars, but they definitely weren't from science class.
I shot my gaze over to Andrew and pulled him in front of me.

"There was an accident in class, and he got burned."

Andrew looked back at me and frowned.

"No, I didn't -"

Ms. Cherry cut him off, standing up and grabbing his hand, walking him over to one of the beds.

"Oh no, we need to get you checked out right away!"

She sat him down on the bed and grabbed her first aid kit.

I wasn't expecting there to be anything on him, but there was a nice sized burn on his lower arm.

Did he get that when he pulled me out of the way?

I looked at him worriedly, and he looked away, rolling his eyes.

After she finished cleaning up the burn and bandaging his arm, he stood up and grabbed the back of my neck, pulling me in front of him and speaking to the nurse.

I looked like a cat being held by its fur.

"We came for her."

Ms. Cherry looked at me with a confused and worried expression.

"Oh, honey, are you alright?"

She walked over and tried to grab my arm, but I moved away and smiled.

"I'm fine. I didn't get burned or anything. Andrew moved me out of the way."

She stared at me for a moment, deciding whether or not to believe me, but eventually, she smiled and walked over to her drawer.

"Well, if you two are fine now, then I'll send you up to the office to file an incident report."

I sighed as she handed me the hall pass.

"Thank you, Ms. Cherry."

We slowly made our way to the office and sat in the waiting area.

After a while, I saw Mrs. Chen walk by. She looked at me, but she seemed scared. She shook her head and looked down at the ground as she quickly went to her office.

As soon as her door shut, the principal, Mr. Grayson, walked into the room. He was heading towards Mrs. Chen's office, but he paused when he saw us sitting there.

"And what brings you two in here?"

He raised a brow, his tone filled with frustration and annoyance.

I looked at Andrew, and he didn't even bother to look at the principal.

I looked back at Mr. Grayson.

"Uhm. Incident report."

I stood up and handed him the hall pass and note that Ms. Cherry wrote for us, finally getting Andrews attention.

The principal looked at it and rolled his eyes.

"Very well then, follow me."

He led us to his office and sat in his chair.

"Well, explain. What happened?"

I walked forward and told him what had happened.

"I dozed off during our science experiment and accidentally put the wrong amount of ingredients. My experiment exploded out of proportion, and I almost got burned. But Andrew moved me out of the way and ended up with a small burn on his arm."

The principal stopped me and stood up before looking at the bandage on Andrew's arm.

He looked back at me with what seemed like anger in his eyes, but I sensed something else. Like there was a glint of pure evil.

A look I knew all too well.

"You may leave now. I've entered in the report."

We started walking out when Mr. Grayson called out to me.

"Stay behind, Miss Verline."

The way he spoke sent chills down my spine, and I froze. I tried to say something to Andrew, but there was a lump in my throat.

Mr. Grayson came up behind me and shut the door.

"Sit down, Miss Verline."

I moved like a robot obeying a code, and sat in the chair in front of his desk.

He crept up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders, slowly massaging them.

"You seem to be sleeping in your classes, Miss Verline. You hurt your classmate because of it."

He slid down the top of my shirt, revealing the scars from my father last night.

"Such a pretty girl..always causing problems. I assume your father did this?"

My entire body started to shake as he leaned down to my ear.

"I'd hate to have to call him about this."

My heart dropped when I heard those words.

"However, if you do me a little favor, I'll forget all about your little incident today."

He moved one of his hands down to my thigh before reaching up to the buckle of my pants.

I closed my eyes as I started to cry, and suddenly, the door burst open, and an extremely pissed-off, Andrew walked in.

The principal jolted upright and shouted at him.

"What are you doing?! Didn't I tell you to get back to class?"

Andrew looked at me as another tear slid down my cheek before looking back and staring coldly at the principal, a dark tone filling his voice.

"I forgot something."

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the office and down the hall.

When we got to the end of the hall, he threw me forward, slamming me into the lockers and trapping me against them with his arms on either side of me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You don't know how to speak up? Or even ask for help! What were you gonna do if I'd just went back to class like I was supposed to?"

He yelled at me with frustration, and I looked away from him.

"I..I don't need help."

He slammed his fist into the locker above my head.

"You still haven't changed."

He shoved his fists into his pockets and walked off to class, saying one last thing as he got further away.

"Your last name is Zhu. Did you forget already?"

I slid down the lockers and onto the floor before putting my face in my hands.

*It's because father has driven the fear of asking for help into me. I couldn't even whisper for a savior if I wanted to.*

I sat there on the floor for a few minutes before finally going back to class.