3. Half Day

When the duo arrived at the mostly empty parking lot, more whines sounded from the backseat.

"I want out!" Caleb fussed, pulling at the straps of his car seat. 

"I know, baby. Just wait a little, you'll be out soon-"

"Out!!" Tears pricked in the corners of his eyes as he whimpered dreadfully, "Please?"

Caleb was hushed while Sam slid out of the front seat and walked to one of the backseat doors. The Little was plucked out and set on the ground in no time. Sam grabbed the boy's hand and led him through the teacher's entrance. As they made their way down the mostly empty halls, they only ran into one person, Mrs. Velazquez. However, all she did was wave at Caleb then she quickly back into the teacher's lounge. 

Soon, the pair made it to Samuel's classroom. Luckily, Dr. Fuller wasn't there so Sam could get the little settled in his lap as he went over what they were going to do for the day. 

During the first period, they both were going to go over what they expected of each other. Samuel would explain what Caleb needs to expect during at least the next school year. During the second period, rules and boundaries would be set, and maybe a quick nap. Through the third period, they will have some time to chill out and get him back to complete teenage age. The fourth period is reading. His teacher happens to be Mrs. Velazquez so if there are any issues she 100% knows what to do. Next is lunch, which Caleb will have the choice of eating with his friends, or eating with Sam. Of course, then is fifth which is Class. Ed. and sixth is Algebra. The last two periods are with Samuel, one of those is for a nap, and the other is for a reflection as to how the day went. 

Of course, the schedule will change a bit depending on the day. He does have to do some sort of Physical education, and some sort of History. Luckily, Caleb has finished all of his science classes so there are no schedule mix-ups there. 

Sam and Caleb arrived fairly before the first bell, so they had a good 40 minutes to just chill. Gratefully, Caleb slipped back out of headspace so they could get a head start on the rules and boundaries. 

"Are you sure that Dr. Fuller won't come in? I really don't want people to know my business." Caleb asked, still sitting on Sam's lap. 

"I doubt he will and even if he does, you need to get used to him being here. He won't bother you or make fun of you if that's why you're scared."

"What?! I'm not scared! It's just- you know- it's embarrassing!!" Caleb stutters out a quick, "I-I'm not a baby!"

"I know you're not," Sam stops to run his hand through the boy's hair "He won't think that at all. Remember, this is his job."

"I know, I know. It's like- just-"

"I get it. Just try to stay calm. I can promise he won't do anything. If anything, he's just going to come say hi."

"You sure?" Caleb looks up at the man.

"Positive." Sam's hands run through his hair one last time as the little nods his head. Sam grabs a stack of notebook paper out from under his desk and also grabs an assortment of colored pencils, pens, and markers. "Alright, let's start on these expectations, shall we?" Another nod follows as Caleb leans his head back onto Sam's shoulder. "How about we start with the easy stuff? You do understand that you have to at least try to eat 3 meals a day. Whether that be a full, adult meal or a bottle. 3 meals."

Caleb huffs, "But what if I'm not hungry? I can barely manage 2 meals. I usually skip breakfast." 

"Well then you can try a few bites, and if you seriously can't take it then you try a bottle, after that, you can go back to whatever you're doing."