4. Fully Little

Did he technically need to go to Sam's house?

No, of course not. 

Did he want to?

"That's fine. I mean- I'm sure you have more stuff there..." Caleb rests his head on the headrest of his car seat, "I'll follow in your lead."

As they approached Samuel's home, Caleb realized that they were driving through a pretty nice neighborhood... like the kind where people have to open a gate to let you come through their driveway.

They finally pull into another gated driveway, but this time it opens. Caleb is greeted with a MASSIVE-sized house. One that was clearly built for a family, not a widowed caregiver. As they continue up the never-ending driveway, Caleb is gobsmacked by the sheer luxury of the house. Even the lawn was pristine.

"This house wasn't built with my money, in case you're wondering. My wife was a Petroleum Engineer, this was all her's and Charlie's." Sam smiled as he pulled into one of the 3 garages. He stepped out of the car while Caleb struggled with the straps on his seat. Sam opened the little's door and swiftly got the straps undone. "Do you want me to carry you?" Sam asked, setting his hands gently on his hips. 

"I can walk." And with that, Caleb hops out of his car seat and stands beside Samuel.

Sam nods and starts walking to the door that leads inside the house. Caleb follows a bit slower, as he is looking around the semi-decorated garage. "Are you sure you can keep up? The longer we wait to get you into headspace, the sicker you might be." Sam reminded.  

"Why does that matter?" Caleb asked as he was lifted onto Sam's hip. "Hey! I can walk!" Caleb kicked his feet in annoyance. 

"You can see the rest of the house when we aren't in a rush to get you into headspace. Right now, though, we're going to the room I set up for you." Sam says as he walks through the entryway and down the long hallway. "It's right here, if for whatever reason I'm not here with you I'll be in the room right in front of it" Sam points to another door "That's my room, the door is always open."

Caleb nods and waits patiently for Sam to open the door. He's still a little upset that Sam didn't let him walk, but nevertheless, he wants to see the room.

Caleb was expecting a basic guest room, maybe a bed with railings because he knows how weird Sam is about him 'rolling off the bed'. But that's the only personalization that he expected. 

What Caleb did not expect was to see a full-blown space-themed nursery, complete with a Caleb-sized changing table and crib.

Sam couldn't help but smile at the small gasp that erupted from the boy's mouth. 

"Sam, no. Please tell me that your first little really liked space too..." Caleb had tears welling into his bottom lash line. 

"Charlie liked princesses... all of 'em." Sam laughed, "You like space, so you have a space room. Do you not like it?" Sam's eyebrows furrowed in question. 

"No- I really, really like it. It's just- I don't need all this! It's so fancy!!"

Samuel kissed the Little's forehead. "Only the best for you, sweet boy. Let's get you into some more comfy clothes." Sam walked into the room as Caleb looked around. The more he looked, the more overwhelmed he got. Sam sets the boy down on the changing table and grabs a sleeper that just happened to be already set on the table. Samuel makes quick work of changing the boy. Caleb has had no accidents today, but if he were to slip completely, it would definitely happen. "Comfy?" Sam asks, smiling down at the little.