CHAPTER 14

Alex's pov:

It's been a month since we broke up. I didn't call or text her. It is best for her.

But I miss her a lot. Sometimes I think to leave everything and go back to her. And ask for her forgiveness until she forgives me. But I can't do that......

Today is our graduation day. Hazel hasn't been coming to college for a month. Today is the last and important day. I hope to see her one last time. Even from a distance, I want to see her one last time with all my heart.

"Alex! Are you sure you want to do this?" Ric asked me.
I know what he is trying to say. But still I remained clueless.

"What?" I asked him.

"Alex!" I heard a soft voice from behind.
She's here. I didn't turn back. I will not be able to meet her eyes. But I couldn't leave from there, I kept standing at the same place.

She came in front of me and held my hand. And then she smiled.

A tear came from her eyes before she asked.
"You and me?"

She stopped. I hummed for her to continue even though I don't want her to continue.

"Was that all fake? Have you ever loved me?"

No. It was all real. I love you.

I wanted to say this to her but couldn't say it. A selfish part of me wanted to hug her right now.

"I think I cleared it on that day." I said to her rudely.

"Okay!"
She's calm. It hurts my heart to see her like this. I want her to get angry and slap me.

Why is she so innocent?

"Alex, I just want to clear this up one last time. And one last time wanted to tell you that I love you. And I will always because you deserve it. Thank you so much for every moment that we spent together, even if it is fake for you, it is precious to me."

And she left.

"I'm asking this again.. do you really want to leave her?" Ric asked again.

"N-no!" I said without looking up.

"Then why are you doing this?" Emma said.
"Go and tell her everything. Tell her that you love her and Every moment you spend together is special for you too."

"But I don't deserve her. This is all for her sake. I'm just---"

Do you really want her to be with someone like you? Unlucky! Liar!

"--unlucky! Liar!"

"But you love her. Do you want to see her like this? This is causing pain to both Hazel and you. She is happy only with you."

I love you Alex!! I really do.

And one last time wanted to tell you that I love you.

And I will always because you deserve it.

Thank you so much for every moment that we spent together, even if it is fake for you, it is precious to me."

"Tonight I will tell her everything. I hope she will forgive me."

__________________________________

Hazel's pov:

I was on my way to my apartment and as soon as I reached the door, I found the door unlocked.
No one knows the password except Emma and Alex. Not even Ric. And Emma's with Ric right now.

Alex?

I opened the door and......

"MOM?" I was shocked.
"What're you doing here?"
"I was about to come there today."

"I was just missing you that's why I came." She said while hugging me.

"I missed you too mom."

____________

Ding dong.

I opened the door and saw him with a bouquet of flowers.

"H-hazel"

I slammed the door to his face. And turned to continue what I was doing.

"Atleast give him a chance!!!" Mom said to me.
I ignored her.

.........

"Hazel?"

"Mom please!! You don't know anything."

"I am not saying to forgive him, but at least listen to what he has come to say."

"But he lef--"

"I don't think so."

I opened the door to see him but he was nowhere to be seen. I got sad and was about to close the door, I saw Alex sitting on the side with the bouquet.

He stood up quickly as soon as he saw me.
"Hazel! Listen to me just once."

I hummed in a reply.

"I'm sorry. I missed you and I can't leave you. You're really precious to me. You're everything to me. I know I'm being ridiculous but please give me just one chance. Please forgive me." He said while sobbing.

I just wanted to hug him and tell him that I was also missing him alot. And I was waiting for him. But I didn't want to be weak.

"Which new game is this? Because you yourself said that I was just a game for you."

"I'm sorry Hazel, please!!"
He's crying. I don't want to see him like that.

"I'm leaving from here the day after tomorrow. Mom's house."
He's shocked. He's stopping himself from crying and trying to say something...

"You have one day to prove yourself that all this is not a game and your feelings are real."
His face immediately perked up.

"Okay!! I'll do anything for you." He said with sparking eyes.

"This is for you!!" He said while giving the bouquet to me and left.

I came to my room and opened the letter which was attached with the bouquet.

I LOVE YOU HAZEL.

This is the first time Alex's telling me that he loves me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello guys!! Thank you so much for reading.

I know I fucked up this chapter. I planned to make this story a sad ending but I changed my plan now.

Anyways, I love you all 💜🫂
Bye bye!!