syamanthaka jewel

Lord Krishna) had by mistake seen or saw the Moon on the fateful Ganesha Chaturthi Night — As per the Lord Ganesha Festival “Shyamanthakopakhyana” or the story which is read after the worship of Lord Ganesha clearly indicates that whoever sees the Moon on the Night of the Ganesha festival will be accused of things which they would not have done (Mithyaapavaad in Sanskrit).

The brave guys Prasena and Satrajit were the sons of Nighna who lived in Dwaravati. The sun God was a friend of Prasena. One day he went to the seashore for ablutions and prayed. The sun God appeared before him like we see him in the sky. I mean in the circle form. Prasena requested him to show his real formand asked a favour. The sun God gave him the Symantaka gem and had a conversation with him. While the sun God was ready to leave, Prasena asked the gem for him forever and he got what he wished. When he entered the city by wearing around his neck, he was radiant like a sun. People in Dwaravati wasastonished by looking him because of the brightness of that gem.

The symantaka gem produced gold. Lord Indra poured rain in the city without failure. No disease approached the city. It was all because of the power of the gemThe great soul Madhava also desired for the gem. But he didn't steal or snatch the gem from Prasena.

One day Prasena, wearing the gem, went to the forest for hunting. The lion killed him and his horse and took the gem. Consequently a bear killed the lion, took the gem and disappeared. People in the city thought that Prasena was killed by Krishna for the gem. Because they knew that Krishna had loved the gem. Krishna knew people's thoughts and decided to get the gem by himself.Krishna, Baladeva and their friends went to the mountainous range of Rikshavan and Vindhya following the footsteps of Prasena. They were exhausted by searching him. Suddenly Krishna saw Prasena's body and his dead horse.He went near to the dead Prasena and checked him thoroughly. But he didn't find the gem. Few steps ahead, the dead lion was also there. Krishna confirmed that Prasena was killed by the lion. Then he saw the footprints of thebear. He deduced that the lion was killed by the bear and followed the footprints.

Finally he reached a cave. Suddenly Krishna heard a female voice. The lady was residing inside the cave. She consoled the baby by saying, “Hey kid! Why areyou crying? The lion killed Prasena and the lion was killed by Jambavan. He got the gem for you. So please don't cry."

Krishna entered the den without making any noise with his Sharanga bow

Krishna entered the den without making any noise with his Sharanga bow. Others were waiting outside the cave. He went inside and wrestled with Jambavan for 21 days. Baladeva and others thought that the handsome guy Krishna might be dead.Then they went to the city and spread the information. Krishna won the fight and Jambavan gave his daughter’s hand to Krishna. He married Jambavati, got the gem and returned to Dwaraka. So when he gave away his daughter to Krishna, he could be considered to have sacrificed his body. He returned the gem to Satrajit in the sabha. This is how the taint on Krishna wascleared by him.

Satrajit had 100 sons and three daughters. They were Sathyabhama,Viratini and Prasvapini. He gave their hands to Krishna.

In the same country, a guy named Akrura lived. He was a son of Gandhini, the princess of Kasi and Shvaphalka. He performed a lot of sacrifices. He desired of the gem and Sathyabhama. He wanted tomarry her so that he got that gem from Satrajit. But she was married to krishna. So this guy Akrura was infuriated by this incident. The bhoja guy called Shatadanva also had the same desire. They missed their chance because of Vasudeva.