"pose for me"

"Okay, imma be there in approximately 5 minutes" I informed my friend through the phone.

I was currently going to visit an art gallery for the billionth time, with my bestie Jasmine, who of course got there first.

Once I got close to the glass double doors of the gallery, I looked around, taking in my surroundings.

This place smelt of flowers, a sweet yet refreshing scent, that never fails to calm me down.

parents holding their kids' hands, careful not to lose them out of their sight wandered around the green filled area.

It was pretty crowded, unlike other days, which was also not surprising. I'm glad people still care and love art nowdays, any kind and form of it.

However, I always take into account the age range of people attending being from 40 and up. Young people my age find art "not cool" or whatever the fuck.

"You finally came!" my friend exclaimed, while hugging me tightly.

I threw her a knowing look, taking her hand and leading her inside the building.

I stopped running, my heart beating faster than before. Each art piece was more unique than the other; more breathtaking.

I nodded my head in disbelief, gawking over the art displayed infront of me, feeling lucky to get the chance to even be standing infront of them.

my friend rubbed my shoulder, in the effort of somewhat grabbing my attention.

"I will go chat with an acquaintance of mine, if you don't mind?" she asked me, while fixing her coat since it was pretty chilly.

"yeah, go do your thing. I want to take a better look at these" I pointed to the canvases before me.

she patted my back, before heading off to wherever.

being so lost in my mind and thoughts, analyzing each technique used in the artworks, I didn't quite comprehend the woman standing beside me.

"devine beauty is hidden within these pieces of art, it's incredible" they lowly said, amusement evident behind their words.

Curious, I turned my head, taking a look at the older woman beside me.

"it is" words were stuck in my throat, I was unable to say anything other than that.

She looked at me, slowly eyeing me up and down, making me gulp really loud.

she let out an amused laugh, clearly seeing how nervous I got.

"cute"

I suddenly needed some fresh air, clutching the straps of my bag hard in my fist, and dragging my feet outside.

I sat down on one of the wooden benches, letting out a long sigh of relief. I closed my eyes, hearing the birds' chirping, as the wind softly blew my hair.

I felt another presence take a seat next to me, but didn't really pay mind to it.

"I used to come here everyday when I was a teen"

I opened my eyes, that raspy voice drawing my attention.

"you talk as if you are 60 years old" I giggled softly.

she laughed softly, shaking her head at me.

"30 ain't that bad, what do you think?" she asked me with big eyes.

gosh, she's so fucking ethereal, her eyes got the bluest colour, as her skin is glowing under the sun.

"I've heard ppl start living life in their thirties, so.." I remarked.