𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝟭𝟬

     (Y/N) LEANED ON THE COUNTER, fixing the sleeves of her turtle-neck sweater. A sigh escaped her lips. The dark circles under her eyes were as visible as the scratch marks on her wrists. Memories from last night's suffering did so little to her that all she got from that usual experience was sleep.

She could've gone through worst.

A soft tap of a cold finger on her shoulder made her jolt up. 

Removing her gaze on her wrist, she turned her head and looked at the waiter who smiled at her and handed her a cup. 

"Your drink, ma'am," the waiter said. 

"Thank you," (Y/N) whispered as she gave the waiter a small smile before she took the cup into her hand. 

She pulled the drink close to her face, feeling the warmth of the coffee as she inhaled the aroma of the drink. (Y/N) brought the cup close to her lips and took a quick sip, careful to not burn her own tongue. With one more sigh, she pushed herself off the counter and walked towards the door of the café. 

There, as she stood outside, her pocket vibrated. She slid her hand down on her pocket and took her phone out. She read the caller I.D before answering.

(Y/N) placed the phone close her ear as her other hand held her coffee.

"Tsui?"

"Y/N-san!" Tsui greeted and by the sound of her tone, Y/N could already tell that the girl was smiling. "Regarding your favor, I found quite a few places. I'll send the papers in this afternoon since I still have an appointment with a client."

"Ah, thank you," Y/N said as she took a sip from her coffee. She lets out a relieved breath, feeling the warm liquid slide down her throat and into her stomach. "Was the favor troublesome for you?"

"Oh, no, it wasn't! In fact, I actually had fun. I also reconnected with a few friends because of it. So, I should really be thanking you for this," Tsui said with a small laugh.

"I'm glad to hear that," Y/N replied, a small smile tugging on her lips. She didn't know what it was, but hearing Tsui's tone made her feel warm and... relieved that she was able to help someone.

Even if it wasn't really her intention to do so.

"I'll ask Yuzuki-san to deliver the papers if I don't finish my job by four in the afternoon. I'll talk with you later, Y/N-san! Bye!"

"Alright. Thanks." Y/N ended the call and slid her phone back onto her pocket.

She sighed and took another brisk step, only for her to trip, but was lucky enough to catch her balance before she fell face-first on the cemented sidewalk. She looked down and eyed her untied shoelaces.