𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝟏𝟑

     THE DISTANT sounds of clashing metals filled her ears. Turning her head to where the sounds were coming from, she didn't waste a single second and dashed towards it. Halfway there, she halted, clicking her tongue when she realized she wasn't alone. Feeling the sharp tip of the katana against her back, her breath hitched.

"It's been a while, Y/N-san," the man said huskily against her ear. She visibly shivered, needles pricking the insides of her skin. He was the one person she wished to not come across. Apparently, Rai knew that and sent him—he does love seeing her uncomfortable.

"Kazu," she said, acknowledging the man behind her.

"I'm glad you still remember me," Kazu said with a chuckle.

She turned around to face him, causing the blade to point the part of her body between the abdomen and her chest. She didn't seem fazed as she smiled at Kazu, who only raised his brow at her.

"You can't use that on me," he said.

(Y/N) tilted her head, "Use what?"

"That一" he moved the blade of his katana under her chin "一Smile."

(Y/N) chuckled, "Why? Does it make you weak?"

Kazu laughed, "Maybe it does."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," she shook her head. "Your wife wouldn't be happy if she hears that."

"She's not my wife."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"The documents say otherwise, though."

"Forced. That's it."

(Y/N) laughed, "You gotta move on, Kazu. Feelings like this can only harm your reputation."

"Trust me, there is nothing in this world that could harm my reputation, that is after I get rid of you," he pushed the blade closer to her neck.

"Trusting you was the last thing on my list."

Before Kazu could react, black smoke had covered the entire ground that they were standing on, leaving nothing to be seen by the unaided eye. The man had to step back, withdrawing his blade. A sizzling pain covered his smoke-coated legs, despite having the skin covered by his black leathered pants. He looked at (Y/N) and furrowed his eyebrows when he saw her smiling innocently at him with closed eyes.

"And it still is."

The smoke rose to his waist level, making him instinctively jump up and land on a thick branch. (Y/N) followed his movements with a keen eye.

"Black Inferno." she whispered, still smiling at him. "Red Purgatory."

Deep blue flames – almost purple – sparked within the smoke, consuming (Y/N) as her body became one with the flames. She cackled, her voice echoing through the forest as the flames grew higher and stronger. Kazu gritted his teeth.