My dearest ms y/ft/n,..

Y/ft/n POV:

It was a Tuesday like every other. First two periods free then two lessons English with my 10th graders and geography with the 5th graders after that. I skipped the trip to the teachers room because I was already running late und had my first coffee at home. I was still trying tho. Except I was a bit extra excited for English. 10a is my holiday class. I don't really have to do much. Always good exam results and not too talky. But something felt off as the class entered and searched for their seats. One seat was left empty. The one right in front of me. Y/ns seat. I stoped thinking about it and assumed she was sick or just late. (That wouldn't be the first time that she showed up later.) As I asked if anyone had an idea where she is no one answered. That wasn't usual. They would use a chance to talk at all time. I again got my mind off of it and went on with class as usual. But even the lesson felt off. No one really participated but I thought they might just be tired like me.

I packed my stuff together after everyone already had left and walked down the stairs to the teachers room expecting the sound of our coffee machine , gossiping, laughing and chatting like always. But nothing. Just footsteps, papers beeing flipped and mumbling.
"Did I miss something?" I whispered to Miss Wild not meaning to break the silence.
"You don't know?" Her eyes were filled with a worried look.
"Here. This is for you." She handed me a folded piece of paper with my name written on it.

To ms y/ft/n

I frowned. My hands were shaking as my eyes wandered over the carefully written words.

My dearest ms y/ft/n,
Im not sure how to say this but you make my world brighter, my smile wider and my heart racing. You just light up my day without beeing part of it. I need to smile every time I hear your name or need to think of you. I never thought you would care about me that much you just make me so happy. Your eyes are the most beautiful I have ever seen a place I could get lost in forever. I want you by my side when you're not around and I want you to notice when I'm not. I want to be reason you smile, get up everyday. I want to be the reason you keep on and don't give up. I want to be the first and last person you see everyday. I want to hug you and never let you go again.
Or short. I love you. And maybe in another universe you will be mine and I will be yours.
Good bye.
In love y/n.

My fave dropped. No she didn't. Please not. She can't be gone. Maybe I should have watched out for her a bit better. Tears start to form in my eyes.
"I could have saved her." I whispered. Heads turned in my direction.
"I always thought something was wrong. But I never dared to ask cause what if I'm wrong.." I went on.
"It's not your foult.." ma wild tried to comfort me.
But I feel bad and will feel for a whole lot of time.