9. Pinterest Pasta and Tacos for Machos

I like this version of Peyton, heck I like every version of Peyton, but this one is, so far, my favorite

I like this version of Peyton, heck I like every version of Peyton, but this one is, so far, my favorite. It's like she's the salt of the earth, one hundred percent natural, and it's undeniably sexy. She looks like she's worked out all day in her little spandex shorts and tight tank top. Even Shimmy is having a hard time keeping his eyes off her.

She has her sunflower hair pulled back in that signature messy bun with wisps collecting around her face. Her blue velvets pop from the pink sunburn on her cheeks and again it's like the sun has embedded itself into her.

I'm watching her help Oma in the kitchen and the two are chatting up a storm, while I grill the kabobs. Every once in a while, I see Peyton sneaking glances at me, thinking I'm not catching her.

Shimmy leans back in his chair watching me, watch her. "Good strategic move. I have to say, she's a lot more tempting then I gave her credit for."

I glare at him. "How am I supposed to take that?"

He shrugs. "Just appreciating God's art, that's all."

I shake my head and turn the kabobs. "I didn't know she was coming over until we got here."

Shimmy gives a snort as he dips his head back with his bottle on his lips. "You're telling me this is a coincidence?"

His voice holds a note of disbelief and I smirk. "I knew at some point I'd see her."

He puts his bottle down and gets up. "When are you going to ask her out?"

"Soon," I say, straight to the point.

Shimmy nods and glances back at Peyton who's mixing whatever Pinterest pasta concoction Oma looked up. She's always trying Pinterest recipes, some are great, while others... all I can say is Dorito casserole.

Sounds good.

But it's not.

Peyton laughs at something Oma whispers to her and turns her eyes toward me, covering her mouth with her hand like she learned a dirty little secret about me. I used to never smile, not until I was fifteen and Oma took me to see a movie I don't even remember. I laughed and smiled like it was the easiest thing in the world, but now, smiling comes even easier with Peyton.

She walks over, setting the weird pasta concoction on the table, then gives me a mischievous look. "I heard the most interesting thing about you."

Shimmy perks up. "Who me? If it's about that one time I kissed Oma, it was an accident, I swear." He leans closer to Peyton and finishes with a loud whisper, "It wasn't but don't tell Bono that. I mean she is a foxy lady."

Her light laughter circles around at Shimmy's joke, while I roll my eyes at him. "What'd Oma tell you?"

Peyton's eyes shine at me. "That you used to have a little band in high school called Tacos for Machos. She told me you were a pretty great singer and guitarist."