31

I miss you, I'm sorry- Gracie Abrams

Julie

Levi hasn't spoken a word to me since last night and it's eating me alive. I feel so guilty about pushing him away after a moment like that but I have no choice.

Mr Rossi's words still play in the back of my mind, and it pains me every time the words stay away from my son echoing throughout my head.

I'm currently in my room sitting on my bed reading my favourite romance novel. Every time the characters share a romantic moment it makes my heart twist knowing I won't be able to experience that.

I set down the book and go downstairs to get some lunch, I annoyingly skipped breakfast to avoid Levi.

I stumble downstairs and make my way into the kitchen. I immediately stop when I see a familiar figure. Levi is cooking some food on the stove and his arms flexed moving the pan back and forth. I stare at him in admiration and I can't bring myself to remove my eyes.

He senses someone else and he turns his head around and sees me. He locks with my gaze and clenches his jaw tight. He doesn't say anything and turns his gaze back to the food he's making. I take that as a signal he doesn't want to talk so I start to gather my supplies to make my own lunch.

I walk around the kitchen going into the fridge and pantry. I grab a few things to make a sandwich and I head over to the cabinet to grab the salt and pepper. I step on my tippy toes to reach the seasoning until I feel a warmth creep up behind me.

Levi reaches up and hands me the salt and pepper then turns back to his food.

"Thank you," I mumble. He nods and stares down.

I continue flowing around the kitchen and I can feel Levi's burning gaze on me.

"I can't do this," Levi says while dropping all his utensils.

"What?" I question in a soft voice.

"I can't pretend that being in your presence like this doesn't affect me, because it does Julie and it hurts." He tells me meeting my eyes and I can see the pain spread through them.

"This hurts me too Levi." I softly say as I look down at my failed miserable attempt at making a sandwich.

"If it hurts you too why can't you just let us happen?" He moves closer to me making me look into his eyes.

"I can't tell you, Levi." I say moving my head to look away.

"Come on Julie you're killing me!" He yells and pleads at the same time.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"Please stop saying that! Do you even truly mean it?" He questions me as he softens his tone.

"Of course I do!" I yell back in his face.

We both go silent for a breath and we don't break eye contact as we breathe heavily.

"Can you please tell me what happened Julie? I need to know what's making you act this way." He says while lifting his hand to touch my cheek. I flutter my eyes closed for a second at the contact but pry them open to meet his gaze.

I hesitate and I feel my chin quiver. Levi notices that I'm about to cry and he cups my cheeks and places a light kiss on my forehead.

"Please tell me so I can make it better." He says while he holds my face.

"I-It's your father..." I mumble out of my mouth as I sink my head into his chest. I feel the anger slowly pour out of him.

"What did he do?" He slowly says as he raises my head to meet his eyes.

"Tell me what he said Julie!" He says looking frantic.

"He told me that if I don't stay away from you he would cut you off from any business or relationship with him, leaving you stranded with me." I mutter out as tears roll down my cheeks.

Levi flicks his glassy eyes between mine and hugs me wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Shit Julie, I'm so sorry he said that to you. When did he threaten you?" He asked me with my head still on his chest and I could feel the vibrations when he talked.

"He told me after we first kissed, I went downstairs and he was there waiting." I tell him and I can feel him squeeze me tighter.

"I'm gonna kill him." He says to me.

"Please don't tell him I told you, he's gonna cut you off from your business." He says looking up at him.

"I can't let that man threaten my future wife and get away with it. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow." He says while slowly letting me go.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you, I promise I won't let him get away with it." He says while holding my chin up to him. I nod and leave his grasp forgetting all about my sandwich and hunger.

I leave and head back to my room. I flip on the bed and bury my head in a pillow. Who knows what's gonna happen when Levi talks to his father, and I'm scared for what will happen.

_________

Yay, she finally told him. I hate miscommunication but here I am writing about it. Hope you liked it.
Anyway bye sweet 😍

Word count: 915