Chapter Three: Tourneys & Envoys

In 103 AC, Visery was crowned King of the Seven Kingdom with his brothers support.
He and his brother struggled to every make amends with their father or grandfather. He did in the end, but Daemon never did. They never knew what happened to their sister, only that she was last seen passing through Lys and their aunt sent word.
That was many years ago now. They don't receive any word from Essos now, and no one was sure why. They only thing they knew was that the stepstones had been taken by pirates.
Visery was telling the men of the council a joke because he thought it was funny.

"So, I said to him, "Well, I believe you might be looking up the wrong end."

All the Lords on the council gave a strained lauging before Lord Corly's spoke up.

"My lords. The growing force growing in Essos and They have massed on Bloodstone and are presently ridding the Stepstones of its pirate infestation."

"Well, that sounds suspiciously like good news, Lord Corlys."

Lord Corlys was trying not to get more fustrated.

"A man called Craghas Drahar has styled himself the prince-admiral of this rising power. They call him "the Crabfeeder" due to his inventive methods of punishing his enemies."

Visery just wanted to celebrate his new son without starting a war.

"And are we meant to weep for dead pirates?"

"No, Your Grace."

Rhaenyra walks in without a care in the world and starts to poor the cups.

"You're late. King's cupbearer must not be late. Leaves people wanting for cups."

"I was visiting Mother."

Viserys started sniffing her.

"On dragonback?"

Lord Beesbury wanted to bring up the new expenses.

"Uh, Your Grace, at Prince Daemon's urging, the Crown has invested significant capital in the re-training and re-equipping of his City Watch. I thought you might urge your brother to fill his seat on the council and provide an assessment of his progress as commander of the watch."

"Do you think Daemon is distracted by his present tasks? And that his thoughts and energies are occupied? Well, one would hope so, considering the associated costs. Then let us all consider your gold well-invested, Lord Beesbury."

Lord Corlys wanted to bring the matter back.

"I would urge that you not allow this Triarchy much latitude in the Stepstones, Your Grace. If those shipping lanes should fall, it will beggar our ports."

"The Crown has heard your report, Lord Corlys, and takes it under advisement. Shall we discuss the Heir's Tournament, Your Grace?"

Lord Otto Hightower redirected the conversation to what Visery wanted.

"I would be delighted. Will the maesters' name day prediction hold, Mellos?"

Mellos became nervous and hoped that Visery wouldn't blame him.

"You must understand that these things are mere estimations, my King, but we have all been poring over the moon charts, and we feel that our forecast is as accurate as it can be."

"The cost of the tournament is not negligible. Perhaps we might delay until the child is in hand?"

Lord Strong sighs at Lord Beesbury.

"Most of the lords and knights are certainly on their way to King's Landing already. To turn them back now..."

"The tourney will take the better part of a week. Before the games are over, my son will be born, and the whole realm will celebrate."