XIII

When [Name] awoke she found herself alone on the sofa. The events of the previous day lingered in her mind. As she stood up, she noticed a note on the coffee table.

I will be back soon. Don't go anywhere - Michael.

Her eyes widened as she read the note, she didn't expect that Michael would trust her so much this quickly.

Her gaze immediately was drawn to the door. Even if it was locked, the house was old and it wouldn't be too hard to knock down. Plus there would be other ways for her to get out, windows were even easier to break if she had something to throw.

Curiosity tugged at her, urging her to explore the house further. The silence in the air was only broken by the creaks of the old floorboards beneath her feet. She found herself in what appeared to be a study, filled with dusty books and worn-out furniture.

As she walked through the room, taking everything in, she suddenly heard someone shout her name.

Michael burst into the room and his panicked expression quickly faded into relief.

[Name] noticed how he had left his mask off.

"We need to go" He said suddenly

"What why?" She questioned, confusion crossing her face.

"Just come with me" He grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the room with him.

"What are you doing Michael, what's going on?"

"They have seen me when I went to get food for you. They know I took you and they want to take you away from me." He clenched his fists, looking down at the floor.

"What? Who saw you?"

"The men who want to take me back and lock me up again. They know I took you!"

"Michael... just let me go, I will tell them that you aren't dangerous anymore... that I want to be with you!"

"No!" He shouted, his voice shaking. "You will just leave me, you have already tried to escape so much, I'm not letting you leave me!"

"Michael pleas-"

He glared at her and [Name] knew it was best not to finish what she was saying.

She watched quietly as Michael frantically grabbed things from around the room, stuffing them into bags.

She watched sadly he pulled the mask back on before resuming what he was doing.

Eventually he had finished and came back up to her. He towered over her intimidatingly and pushed a bag into her hands.

"We're leaving now"

"We don't have anywhere to go Michael... what is your plan?"

"Don't question me! All you ever do is want to leave me! Why won't you stay with me..." He said, his voice breaking as the words spill out.

[Name] has never heard his speak so much ever, not even when they were kids. She could tell how much this all meant to him.

"Michael it is wrong to kidnap someone... you took me from my home, my life and tried to keep me away from all of that."

"I just want you all to myself... you are mine! You don't need anything or anyone else!" His voice was a mixture of anger and hurt

"But-"

"No! You belong to me [Name]"

He got up and grabbed her hand, dragging her towards the door of the house.

They both stopped in their tracks as banging came from the other side of the door.

"Open up! We know you're in there! Let the girl go Michael."

He turned to look at her and shot her a glare full of warning.

The knocking and banging on the door continued and the people outside began to threaten kicking down the door.

[Name] wasn't sure what to do, before today she might have considered staying with Michael, after seeing how nice he could be to her.

But clearly he was obsessed with her. Crazily obsessed. She wasn't sure if there would ever be any way for her to get away from him and back to a normal life.

The one and only way for that to happen would be for him to be locked up again, away from everyone else he could possibly harm.

As she snapped out of her thoughts she noticed Michael wasn't next to her. He was gone, but where?

She could hear the people outside still but it sounded like they were preparing to back off for now.

This was her chance, and she was going to take it.

She rushed to the front door and screamed.

"Help me!"

The next few moments were a blur for [Name].

The door cracked open and a group of people rushed inside, their eyes widening as they saw the girl standing before them.

Then just as [Name] was filled with relief that finally she would be rescued,  she watched their faces drop in terror.

She turned to see Michael standing there with a large butchers knife.

She screamed in protest, as he walked towards the group, and they all began to draw their weapons but it was too late.

Before any of the could get a single shot on him they were all down on the floor.

Dead.

Michael turned to [Name] to see her shaking on the floor, eyes wide and staring at his blood stained clothes and the stained knife he was still holding.

He advanced towards her and it was too late for her to do anything.

Before she knew it, she was on the floor, the terror of the situation being all too much for her to cope with.

Michael quietly picked up the bags he had packed and her unconscious body and left, leaving the massacre behind him.

He didn't care about that, all he cared about was [Name].