XIV

[Name] had regained consciousness a little while ago but she decided it was best to pretend she hadn't.

As soon as she had come to, dread had filled her mind. She knew that Michael was going to be furious at her.

Or maybe he would be more upset that she tried to leave again, probably a mixture of both.

Right now he was carrying her through a forest, other than the silhouette of trees [Name] couldn't make anything else out.

It was getting lighter now so she knew they must of moved quite far if Michael had kept moving throughout the whole night, and knowing him he would have.

That meant he had escaped successfully and nobody would be around to help her get away.

He most likely wouldn't risk being in close proximity to people again anyway, she imagined he would take her somewhere secluded.

That way he could have what he wanted, her all to himself.

[Name] wasn't quite so sure why Michael had become so obsessed with her, after all they were only childhood friends and hadn't even seen each other since they were kids.

Then again, she was his only friend. The only person who had ever stuck up for him.

But could that really make him so obsessed?

A small part of her didn't want to leave him still, even though he kept lashing out and became aggressive she knew it was only a defence mechanism.

Michael was scared, scared of being found and taken back to the facility he was kept at before, scared of being treated like a monster again. Most of all he was scared that he would lose [Name].

In his eyes that would be the worst thing that could happen, it already had once and he wasn't going to let it happen again.

So she knew she needed to be smarter about this whole situation, although she had tried before she also knew she had acted impulsively at signs of freedom.

It was hard not to when something seemed so close, but she had always underestimated Michael and she wasn't going to do that again, who knows how many chances he was going to give her.

He was already going to very upset and mad, so gaining his trust again would be near to impossible.

She could always try.

On the other hand, maybe his heightened emotions were something she could take advantage of. If he didn't know how to control them properly then maybe she would be able to manipulate him in some way.

However that would be difficult and not to mention extremely risky.

[Name] was snapped out of her thoughts as she felt the rhythm of Michaels walking slowing, eventually coming to a stop.

She felt as he placed her down and then his footsteps retreated a little.

She slowly opened her eyes, looking around without moving yet. She could see that they were still in a forest, and in front of her where Michael was now fiddling with a door was a small shack.

Clearly abandoned and it looked very worse for wear. She knew that living with Michael was about to get a whole lot less comfortable.

Eventually he got the door open and walked back towards her, she quickly shut her eyes before he noticed.

He walked inside with [Name] in his arms and placed her down on something soft, it felt like some sort of mattress.

"I know you are awake [Name]."

His deep voice rang throughout the room and slowly she opened her eyes and sat up, looking around nervously.

The room was small, but somehow seemed to be decently furnished despite how old and derelict the outside of the building looked.

"Where are we Michael"

"It doesn't matter" he said coldly

"But how is this place so furnished... did you know this was here?"

He nodded "Yes... I didn't think I would need it but this was place for emergencies."

A silence settled over the two, [Name] didn't know what to say to him, not wanting to accidentally anger him in any way. She just looked down at the floor quietly.

Michael stared her down without a word, he then reached behind him into a bag and threw a cereal bar at her.

"Eat."

She nodded and took the food.

"Thank you Michael" She smiled weakly at him as she opened the bar and started to eat it.

She hadn't realised how hungry she was before, but she hadn't eaten in a while and now she was scoffing down the small amount of food she had been given like her life depended on it.

Everything had been such a blur and she was never sure whether she would just be allowed to ask Michael for things that she hadn't been able to take proper care of herself.

"Do you have any water Michael?"

He nodded and handed her a bottle which she proceed to down, no concerns over whether he had any more water for however long they would be staying there.

"Michael... what is your plan now. We won't be able to just survive out here." She said nervously.

He looked at her for a moment before pulling rope put of the bag and holding it up.

"I go while you stay" He said flatly, she couldn't see his expression as the mask was back on now.

"No please Michael... don't restrain me again! I don't even know where we are I wouldn't try and leave I promise, I have no idea where to go."

"You could try... just like you did before"

Her face dropped and she went silent, knowing he wasn't going to budge of his stance.

Michael walked over to her, grabbing her and pushing her into the corner of the room where there was a metal beam.

He then tied her securely to it with the rope. Almost too secure as she could feel the rope digging into her wrists quite badly.

[Name] winced in pain and Michael sighed before loosening the rope slightly, not enough for her to be able to get out of though.

He looked down at her for a moment before leave the shack.

Leaving her all alone.