Chapter Six: The Waiting Game

Warnings- short chapter, slow burn, intense sexual tension, slight cursing.

Regular POV

I might have shut my door quietly. However, I slammed myself into my fucking bed and screamed a muffled angry yell.

How dare he?

How dare he give me my first kiss? That, first of all, was fucking amazing. He made me feel fucking wonders. I saw stars and the whole fucking galaxy.

But all of a sudden, he pulled away and said it was a mistake. Was I a mistake?

He didn't say that you were a mistake, idiot. Don't overthink...

Fuck you! I'm angry.

How can someone be all over you one second and then cold the next? I don't get it. I understand about his daughter. And the last thing I want is for him to lose all privileges because of me.

But then, why did he initiate it?

He started this, and now I want to finish it. I want him. I want Miguel.

I'm going to have him.

I have never felt the way I did. He didn't just see me. He saw through me. I felt him. Yeah, I know it sounds weird as fuck, but I think Miguel and I are meant to be.
Our hearts match.

They beat for one another at the same pace during our kiss. There's something there between us. He can deny it all he wants, but it's there. And, sooner or later, we're going to collide like a fucking thunderstorm.

It's only a matter of time.

Just like J-Woww once said. "I'm going to make you sweat it out." That's precisely what I'm going to do to Miguel. He's going to break first. I guarantee that, and I'll make sure of it. Miguel will be on his knees for me; when he does, I'll return the favor tenfold.

I remain still in place with my face shoved into the pillow. It's been twenty minutes since my meltdown, and my weary eyes are closing on me.

I need so much sleep. I plan on sleeping till noon. I don't care. I just had the most embarrassing moment in my life.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Y/N, are you going to get up now? I figured we could make breakfast together." Dad didn't even wait for an answer. He just barged right in.

An internal groan silently grumbles from my chest. Yet, I get up. "Yup, I'm up. I'll head down right now." I faked a slight smile. I am not a morning person, and I only had three hours of sleep, which doesn't help either.

I enter the bathroom to wash up, and then I meet up with Dad in the kitchen.

"So, what are we cooking?" I said, announcing my arrival.

Dad turns around, a bowl in his hands and pancake batter smudged across his chin. "Blueberry pancakes, bacon and hashbrowns. Also, scrambled eggs for me and egg whites for you." He smiled. I nodded and started to fry some bacon until a thought occurred.

"Does Miguel eat scrambled eggs?" I asked casually. I don't know why I want to know, but I do. I want to know his favorite breakfast. What he likes, doesn't like.

"He prefers Sunnyside up." He comments. "Oh."

"Should we listen to music while we cook, like old times?" I turned to face him.

"Fleetwood Mac." We both said. He chuckled, popped up a playlist on Spotify, and began to sing Dreams, bobbing his head up and down as he swayed to the melody.

I remember when we used to do this all the time when I was younger. It was a good memory. I didn't know I missed it until now.

I shake my head as I softly mumble the lyrics, both of us getting lost in the music.