C H A P T E R 2

Votee for the upcoming chapters pleaseee
Comment your thoughts don't be a silent reader
Follow up for more updates 💜💜💜

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Author pov

As the university bell tolled the end of the day's classes, Yn emerged from the lecture hall, her laughter lingering in the corridors as she walked alongside Hannah, relishing the camaraderie that defined their friendship.

However, as they stepped out into the late afternoon sunlight, Yn's gaze scanned the curbside for the familiar sleek luxury car that typically awaited her. Yet, among the array of vehicles, her father's car was conspicuously absent.

A furrow creased her brow, a flicker of concern darting across her features. "Strange, Dad's usually here by now," she murmured, her voice tinged with uncertainty as she glanced at her watch.Hannah's eyes followed Yn's worried gaze, a sympathetic expression crossing her face. "Maybe he got held up with work or traffic," she suggested, offering a reassuring smile.as she dialed her father's number, hoping for a simple explanation to dispel her growing apprehension.

With a deepening sense of unease, Yn's father's voice crackled through the phone, his reassuring tone attempting to dispel her worry. "Yn, I'm held up with an urgent matter. My car will be late. I've asked Jungkook to pick you up instead."

Yn's brows furrowed further at the mention of Jungkook, her uncle, but before she could voice her concern, her father had already hung up.

"Jungkook?" Hannah inquired, a hint of curiosity in her voice.

Yn nodded slowly, a mixture of apprehension and confusion clouding her expression. "Yeah, my uncle," she replied, her thoughts racing to fathom the sudden change in plans.

Jungkook sat in his office, immersed in the intricate web of corporate affairs when the soft chime of his phone disrupted the calm ambiance. Glancing at the caller ID, he noted it was Yn's father. Jungkook's expression remained composed as he answered the call with his customary professionalism.

"Mr. Jeon, I'm afraid I won't be able to pick up Yn from the university today. Could you do me a favor and fetch her instead? My car will be delayed," Yn's father's voice echoed through the receiver, a note of urgency underlining his request.

"Of course, sir. I'll take care of it," Jungkook replied, his tone carrying an air of assuredness as he swiftly rearranged his schedule to accommodate the unexpected task.Moments later, Jungkook stepped out of his office, his tailored suit exuding a sense of unwavering confidence. He made his way through the corridors, the polished floors echoing the measured clicks of his shoes.

Upon reaching the parking lot, he unlocked his sleek black sedan and settled behind the wheel. With practiced ease, he maneuvered through the city's streets, his thoughts consumed by the sudden deviation from his routine.Arriving at the university, he spotted Yn and Hannah from afar, their figures a juxtaposition of youth and vibrancy against the backdrop of academia. Stepping out of the car, he maintained his composed demeanor, ready to fulfill the responsibility entrusted to him.

Approaching Yn, his niece, he greeted her with a polite smile, his manner exuding an air of formality tinged with a hint of unfamiliarity. "Hello, Yn. Your father asked me to pick you up," he stated, his voice a blend of courtesy and quiet authority.

"Hi, Uncle Jungkook," Yn greeted with a cautious smile, a subtle hint of uncertainty coloring her expression.

Meanwhile, the arrival of Jungkook hadn't gone unnoticed among the students milling about the university grounds. Whispers rippled through the crowd, eyes widening with curiosity and envy at the sight of the successful businessman-a figure synonymous with wealth and power.