2. Call Me By Your Name

Call Me by Your Name (Italian: Chiamami col tuo nome) is a 2017 film directed by Luca Guadagnino. Its screenplay, by James Ivory, who also co-produced, is based on the 2007 novel of the same title by André Aciman. Call Me By Your Name chronicles the romantic relationship between a 17-year-old, Elio Perlman and Oliver, a 24-year-old graduate-student assistant to Elio's father Samuel, an archaeology professor. [Source: Wikipedia]

****

FFAEK: After watching this masterpiece, Emily never looked at peaches or Timothée Chalamet the same way ever again.

****

Chapter two: Call me by your name

“Wait a minute,” I said, looking into his green eyes, “You know my name?”

Nathan Callahan rolled his eyes like he couldn't believe I would ask that, “That's such a stupid question. We've been sitting together for a year, Kingsley.”

Well, yeah, we had. But, we hadn't ever talked. So I didn't assume he knew my name. Besides, him knowing my name would not be a good thing at all.

“What? You're just gonna stand there and stare at my face?” Nathan said as he stood up, “I won't let you go until I have seen your sheet, Kingsley. Hand it over.”

“This is ridiculous. Are you in middle school?” I said as I shoved my test sheet deeper into my backpack, out of his reach.

Nathan smirked at me as I did that and said, “You don't think I can just take it from you if I really want?”

“You won't take it unless I give it to you,” I said.

“Why wouldn't I?” Nathan said, leaning against the desk a little, still smirking.

I was about to say cause you're a gentleman and something along those lines, when I remembered he wasn't.

He had punched a senior in the face on the first day of school. This would be nothing compared to that.

I put my chemistry copy and textbook in my bag and said, “You can just celebrate with your perfect grades instead.”

“Grades you think I don't deserve,” Nathan said as he straightened up to his full six feet height. I was kind of scared. What if he lunged for my test paper again?

I quickly zipped my bag, “It doesn't matter what I think. You got it, and you can celebrate, so there's that.”

Nathan was giving me a weird look, “You celebrate when you have a perfect test score?”

He asked with so much conviction and mockery, suggesting that I was a complete moron, that I was that type of lame person who celebrated getting perfect marks.

I didn't. Because I didn't get them that much. Self-sabotaging was really getting in my way.

I placed the straps of my backpack on my shoulders, ready to head out, “Every small win is worth a celebration, Callahan.”

Nathan boomed in laughter. It was a mocking laugh. It was supposed to make me feel horrible.

But Nathan Callahan was laughing. It was so surreal, I kept blinking at him, “Oh My God, Kingsley, you are unbelievable.”

Nathan shook his head as he packed his backpack as I remained where I was for reasons I didn't know.

“Do you wanna stay here forever?”