14. Radio Killed the Video Star - 4

"Ughh... Remind me why the fuck do I need to put up with your shit again? It's been years." I groan tiredly.

"Well that's on you for getting a new phone! You knew I would find you." Vox snickers.

"Touché." I roll my eyes, staring at my screen completely unbothered. I really hadn't missed this dipshit one bit.

"Well! It's been a while, hasn't it? I saw how you're staying at the princess' hotel... trying to redeem yourself maybe? That's too much for someone like you, don't you think so?"

"Is it, now?" I ask with a raised brow.

"You're still with that?! Do you really think you could achieve anything, after fucking up so much, you miserable manipulator?" He mocks me and I feel something twitch at the mention.

"Eat my ass, Vox."

"What? Don't look so bothered by that, my old friend! Isn't it something to expect? With how much of a damn-" I cut his rampage off with a scoff.

"You can cut the shit already, you know? Insulting me won't work."

"I know that. But maybe mentioning our... mutual friend would work for a bit of a reaction?" My whole body tenses at the mention.

"You shut up about her."

"See! I knew it!! You still care about her! Yet you chose to fuck over her, just the same as you do with everyone else! You always fuck up, don't you?" As I feel the tension rise further and my eye twitch in barely contained anger, I choose to go back to old habits, if even for just a moment.

"Talk about a fuck up after your most recent broadcast." I smirk as I watch his face completely change at that.

"And your sorry ass teamed up with him, of course!"

"You know I don't team up with anyone, Vox. Not even Alastor."

"Of course you don't, with those damn trust issues. But why wouldn't you be wary of other people, knowing how manipulative you are yourself?" I growl angrily, my claws sinking on my own thighs as I breath heavily, trying to stop the anger from going further than that.

"Rio?" I widen my eyes upon recognising the deep voice, tensing even more if possible as I turn around to see Husk slowly approaching me with a face full of concern and his usual cheap booze bottle in hand.

I quickly get up from the couch, stomping away from the main area and towards my own room, leaving behind a very confused and worried bartender.

Reaching my room and with a slam of my door, I throw the phone to my bed angrily, yet making sure not to let it fall off it.

"YOU TALKATIVE SHITTY BOX!!" I growl angrily, my eyes shining green.

"Oh! There you are!!" His voice laughs from the flashing blue screen as I sit on the floor angrily, taking my hair in my hands as I breath heavily, trying to stop the anger once again.
"You actually started caring about some of those good-for-nothing fucks? Who was that?" He snickers mockingly, and I don't respond to his taunts.
"Why does it matter so much anyway? You'll end up hurting him, right? Just as you always do."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" I say, my breaths picking up as I sink my claws in my scalp slightly, trying to relax with the pain to no avail.

"Oh this is just what I needed today!!" He laughs hysterically, and I breath deeply, trying to control my emotions.
"The hot-headed yet manipulative fucker finally came out! The actual Rio is back! What do you think the princess will do when she realises you're actually from-"

"Shut." I say lowly yet curtly, and he somehow complies for just a moment, faltering before going back to his teasing.

"Will you finally be back to manipulating people? Is that what the tone is for?" He laughs, albeit nervously.

"No, you prick. But I won't keep entertaining your shit." I say, picking up the damn phone from my bed and smirking down at the blue screen.
"Nice talk, but good luck dealing with the Radio Demon next time, old friend." I say, listening to his muffled curses one last time before crushing the phone in my hand.