❀ the renegade's guardian angel ❀

‧° ‧₊˚second-person pov ˚₊‧° ‧

Your mouth hung slightly agape as you looked upon the form of a huge labrador-like dog, the entire bottom half of his body seemingly ripped off in a savage way from what you could tell. He was strung up at his arms by heavy, rusted chains. Blood snaked up his abdomen, and you could see a large belt secured right right above his missing bottom half. So he can keep the blood and organs in...that's awful...

The same belts also decorated his arms and wrists. His gaping smile (which matched all the other forms of the smiling critters) added more horror to the situation. You could barely see the pupils in his eyes, for they were covered by his large, floppy ears- but you could tell he was looking at you.

You remembered seeing the pilot episode for the show, and the commercials on TV...even the news broadcast announcing that catnap was to be pulled from the smiling critters toy line at reports that kids were getting terrible nightmares when in his presence. 

The sunny, strong, determined leader of the pack. Dogday...

He looked, nor sounded like him though. From what you had remembered, the voice of dogday on TV was light and uplifting, surely cheering up any kid who had a bad day before watching. This dogday's voice was rough, rugged, and dipping in and out of static. His mouth did not move as he spoke, frozen in a smile.

He took a shaky breath before continuing. "Come to save us..."

"Nothing left to save...not here."  He sighed grimly. Your chest heaved with silent deep breaths. You were barely holding back sickness, your eyes flickering from his to the bloody torso.

"W-...what are you talking about?" You croaked, your feet rooted to the cushioned ground in front of him.

He chuckled darkly and took in another shaky breath. "You're in Catnap's home, angel. Their home. A million pairs of eyes are on you now. Watching...waiting...hungry...they want nothing more than to crawl beneath your skin, and eat away at you...bit. by. little bit."

His haunting words sent shivers down your spine, and he could tell. "That thing...catnap- the prototype is his god...and this is what he does to heretics."

He struggled with his words, his voice dripping with pain as his pupils shook. He was having a hard time focusing on you, and you saw that the blood from his torso was beginning to drip again. "Those little toys follow catnap to avoid that very fate...and in return-...they are fed."