❀ good night, dear heart ❀

‧° ‧₊˚y/n pov ˚₊‧° ‧

Dogday wiped most of the blood off of what was visible of my skin, as well as bandaged me and applied stitches where they were necessary. He frequently asked me if I was comfortable and if it hurt, to which I forced myself to bite my tongue and shake my head no (even though the disinfectant felt like hornet stings time ten). 

Surprisingly, despite our obvious size difference (even though he was half of himself), he was extremely gentle and unflinching. I asked him if he had medical training, to which he answered- "before this whole fiasco, I was pretty much on my own. I had to adapt, y'know?"

We spoke few words to each other, my eyelids growing heavy and my posture slumping with every minute. When dogday was finnaly finished, I thanked him, feeling a lot cleaner. We concluded that we should find a place to sleep, but the needles and blood littered around the floor made the medic center an easy bad choice.

I picked up dogday bridal style, which was proving easier now that I was adjusting to his weight. We weren't far from the main area of playcare, but it was too out in the open to rest. Even the home-sweet-home building was a terror as I recalled being stalked by catnap and mowed down by nightmare huggy.

We walked the hallways, keeping a careful eye down for some place that could be a temporary safe haven for the night. Or night? God, time seemed irrelevant in this damned place...

"Wait, look!" Dogday suddenly piped up, breaking me out of my daze. He pointed up to a metal sign that read "PARTS AND REPAIR" in big, bold letters above a metal roller door. I set dogdsy down and lifted the metal door with a struggling grunt, then shooting my flare inside to see clearly. 

My energy returned and a smile spread across my face. Metal gears, bolts, wires, tools, and scrap metal lined the walls to the ceiling in counters and shelves. An engineer's dream! I felt around for a light switch until I was able to get the lights to buzz on. "This looks good!" I cheered as I stepped inside. Dogday followed, crawling with his arms and reaching up to shut the metal door behind him.

I kept smiling as felt around all of the gear. Most looked almost untouched! 

My eyes wandered to a large pile of scrap metal. I got on my knees and began carefully rooting through it, seeing if there were any necessary parts we could have at are disposal for the future. I grew confused when I discovered a particularly big object...

I tugged at it light a few times, trying to break it loose before I stood and put my full strength into anchoring it out. Dogday just stared at me in subtle confusion. I broke it free as I landed on my ass on the cement floor, but in my arms I felt a large, metal leg...