FRANK THE PLANK

fiona returned home from work with a bundle of burgers, the tantalizing aroma filling the small gallagher household

fiona returned home from work with a bundle of burgers, the tantalizing aroma filling the small gallagher household. as she distributed the food, the group gathered in the cluttered living room, jostling for spots on the worn-out furniture.

"burgers comin' through!" ian announced, maneuvering his way in front of the tv. "uh, lip, napkins." fiona reminded, tearing her gaze away from the flickering television screen to address her brother.

"i can get it." karen offered, rising from her seat. "oh, no, no, no, you sit." lip interjected, dismissing her offer and going to grab the napkins.

addison sank deeper into her seat, a flicker of annoyance flashing across her features as she watched karen attempt to insert herself into their routine.

"only ketchup?" sydney questioned, rifling through the assortment of burgers. "me! thank you." debbie chirped, eagerly accepting her food. "extra onions, jalapenos." steve reached for another burger from the bag. "me!" veronica insisted, elbowing her way through the crowded couch. "make room. who's this?" she asked, glaring at karen.

"it's karen." lip responded casually, prompting addison to roll her eyes and avert her gaze.

she couldn't fathom what lip saw in her. karen's reputation as a promiscuous girl was well-known among their peers, and addison couldn't help but feel annoyed that he had invited her over.

it stirred a mix of emotions within her—perhaps it was overprotectiveness, or maybe a tinge of jealousy due to how she felt about lip, but regardless, the brunette couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in her chest.

despite her attempt to remain inconspicuous, ian seemed to be the only one to sense her discomfort, offering a silent gesture of support by leaning his head on her shoulder for comfort.

unfazed by the tension, veronica continued her line of questioning. "hey, karen, nice top. what size are you?" she inquired, her tone giddy.

"shh! shut up!" fiona interjected sharply, her voice cutting through the room and redirecting everyone's attention back to the television screen.

around fifteen minutes into the show, the peace of the living room was shattered as frank stormed in, his face contorted with blood and anger. with heavy steps, he slammed the door behind him, marching towards the kitchen, radiating aggression.

"you okay, frank?" veronica inquired, her eyes darting between frank and the rest of the family.

"hey. is that my shirt?" ian stood up, slowly following his father. frank turned around, his expression intimidating as he met his son's gaze. "yeah," he growled, his voice dripping with hostility.