FAKE WEDDING

addison sat at the gallagher's dining table, savoring a mouthful of fiona's lasagna, that she got for giving urine for a friend's drug test, while she diligently graded reece cameron's practice exam

addison sat at the gallagher's dining table, savoring a mouthful of fiona's lasagna, that she got for giving urine for a friend's drug test, while she diligently graded reece cameron's practice exam. he was one of her tutorees, and she was focused on helping him improve.

the door creaked open behind her, and veronica stormed in, her purse landing on the countertop with a thud that echoed through the kitchen. she wore a frown, her frustration visible in every step.

"well, the weddings not gonna work," she announced, her voice heavy with disappointment. "what?" addison glanced up from her papers, her curiosity piqued.

after learning that kev was already married, the couple considered just calling the engagement off. however, their plans took an unexpected turn when they discovered that veronica's mother had set aside money from her father for her wedding day. with this newfound revelation, they concocted a new plan: to stage a fake wedding.

fiona, who had been occupied with feeding liam at his high chair, turned her attention to veronica. "what happened?"

"mama wants a real priest." veronica explained, her tone resigned. "sheila said she'll make your wedding dress if you want," debbie chimed in, glancing at the woman, who was reaching for a cup from one of the cabinets.

"oh that's nice," veronica smiled, "but what good is the dress if i don't have a priest?"

addison's brow furrowed in thought. "but it's your wedding. why can't you just do it your way?"

she sighed wearily, "cause i actually like my mama. she's been waiting for me to get married my entire life and i want her to be happy with my decisions. i know that's hard for you people to understand."

"you could hire an actor." debbie proposed, changing the subject back to the wedding. "remember the guy who played elmo at my birthday party?"

"you remember that?" fiona's eyebrows arched in surprise at the memory. "he took his head off!" sydney exclaimed, her eyes widening. "it was traumatizing."

"you think an actor could work?" fiona turned back to veronica, considering debbie's idea.

"you know what? i could probably get father pete to do it if carl will help." lip proposed, making a sandwich next to debbie at the counter.

"what's it gonna cost me?" veronica considered the offer, her mind already calculating what the boy would want in return.

lip hesitated for a moment before making his request. "uh, karen and i use your place on friday?"