𝕮⃟Hapter 57

»𝐶⃪57«
: THE FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH THE DRAGON PALACE

• • •
The sea in the Immortal Realm was vast and boundless, with numerous immortal mountains standing tall. Immortal phoenixes and white cranes flew through the misty clouds that covered the mountaintops, startling a group of swimming fish.

The frightened fish hurriedly swam towards the depths of the sea, bypassing countless underwater reefs and passing through the shimmering water mirrors emanating from the sea trench.

The calm water flow pacified the silvery little fish as it swayed its tail, adorned with lace-like patterns, and passed through an invisible barrier.

Within the barrier, towering pavilions and connected towers stood. Although there was no water flow, fish of various colors moved freely as if they were swimming in water.

The silvery little fish swam through exquisite coral thickets and headed towards the magnificent palace not far away, following a familiar path.

Golden curtains, pearl walls illuminated by the bright moonlight. The outer perimeter of the leftmost palace was supported by twelve luminous jade pillars, on which carved jade dragons coiled and their lifeless eyes subtly moved as the little fish passed by.

The little fish was startled and grumbled as it blew a bubble, hastening its pace.

The black-armored guards stationed at the side were unfazed by the strange occurrence. Carrying swords and long spears, they patrolled the area, as a guest had recently arrived at the Dragon Palace, requiring constant vigilance.

The little fish greeted the maids who had just come out of the halls. One of the maids, dressed in a flowing white gown, pointed it towards a room and then lowered her head before retreating.

The silvery little fish understood the signal and immediately swayed its tail, swimming through the crack deliberately left by the maid, and entered the room.

Inside the room, the floor was paved with jade stones, and a hint of golden orange light flickered in the crystal lamps positioned at the four corners. The little fish turned a corner, carefully passing through the azure pearl curtains and arriving at a huge mother-of-pearl bed.

Within, a young man with disheveled black hair and a slightly rising and falling chest from his breathing lay peacefully. His fair complexion appeared particularly serene under the radiance of the crystal lamps.

The silvery little fish liked the aura emanating from the young man and couldn't help but wiggle its tail, wanting to get closer. However, it was suddenly caught by a small hand.

"Don't disturb him."

The little fish looked at its owner's displeased expression and helplessly spun around in his hand, reluctantly swimming into its own small shell near the crystal lamp.

...

When Yun Zhao opened his eyes, his mind was momentarily confused by the rippling water light through the gauzy curtain, and fragmented memories gradually returned to his mind.

It seemed like he went to the creek to wash his face, then someone called out to him, and then...

Yun Zhao sat up with a vacant mind, finding the surroundings unusually unfamiliar.

The huge mother-of-pearl bed was covered with thick soft quilts, and the coral and various pearls on the black jade shelves hinted that this place no longer belonged to the land.

He turned his head in confusion and saw a young boy in green attire sitting beside the bed. The jade-like dragon horns on his head were not as magnificent and dazzling as Ao Yu's, but rather cute and rounded, resembling deer antlers.