Confrontation

Chapter-04
Confrontation

*Knock**Knock*

"Who's here this late?" the nurse mutters to herself, her curiosity piqued.

"Ma'am, I'm injured. Please tend to it," a man's voice calls from outside the house.

"Coming," the nurse responds, moving to open the door.

As she does, two men forcefully push their way past her.

"Look for the kid. I'll check outside for any danger," the first man orders, his voice filled with urgency.

"I'll handle it," the second man nods, swiftly moving deeper into the house.

"Boss, I've found the brat. He's with a little girl," the second man reports, his voice tinged with triumph.

"Haha, excellent. This is quicker than I thought. Bring him here, and we'll be on our way. Quickly," the boss commands, his excitement palpable.

"Don't you dare lift a finger on my little brother!" Freya, with a determined look on her face, steps forward to confront the intruders.

"Yeah, you go, girl. Wait, no, get away! There's no way a five-year-old can fight men in their 30s," I think to myself, worry etched across my face.

"Yes, Freya. Don't leave your brother alone. Neighbors will be coming here soon, hearing the yelling," the nurse advises, her voice tinged with concern.

Before she can finish her sentence, one of the men kicks her to the ground.

"You shut up, *itch. And you, little girl, get away from him before I kill your mother," the man threatens, his words dripping with malice.

"What? Kill Mom? But Brother needs me," Freya protests, her voice trembling with fear and defiance.

As the situation escalates, I realize I must act. Despite being just a baby, I muster my courage and crawl towards the men with a playful laugh.

"Brother, don't go! Are you doing this to save me?" Freya cries out, her desperation evident.

Before anyone can react, one of the men grabs me, declaring triumphantly, "Boss, we've got our golden ticket to our new life."

"Yes, we do. Now, let's leave. And remember, mother-daughter duo, make one move, and your son is dead," the boss warns, his threat hanging heavy in the air.

"Saikō!" Freya's anguished cry echoes through the room as the men make their escape, taking me with them into the night.