Epilogue

Hafsat

Marriage. The stage in life where you have completed your deen and settled with your other half. It's as if you had finished your story. But that is just a new beginning, a new phase, and a new you, only this time you aren't alone anymore. You are in it together for life.

That was it for me and my husband, together we live, support, build a new life, care, overcome obstacles, and love each other. We complete each other and live the life we dream of.

Yes, there are challenges here and there, balancing work and personal life. Whether it's going for a walk, cooking together, planning weekend gateways or vacations. We cherish every moment together for we have come so far and as long as we have each other, we can conquer anything together.

I could proudly say everywhere that our love story is a testament to the power of love. Our love has been tested in different ways and we emerged stronger every time. Our love is a love that has withstood the trials of time and challenges.

The struggles we have faced have only served to deepen our bond. We found each other at our lowest, both broken from a heartache that we thought would last forever. A piece of me and a piece of him becomes one.

We were two broken souls who found solace in each other. My heart had been shattered by the pain of my life and in him I found a glimmer of hope.

Together, we navigated the depths of grief, supporting one another through the darkest of days. We found comfort in the shared understanding of pain, and in each other's arms, we heal.

Slowly the pieces of my broken heart began to mend, and as time went by, I found my peace in him.

Laughter replaced tears, and love blossomed where there had once been only sorrow.

A happy ending that I have never dreamed of. Uncertainty was what I lived in. Indeed Allah is the glorious of all, Alhamdulillah.

Looking at the tiny miracle cradled in our arms. I knew we had finally found our happily ever after.

Suhail Aliyu Mahmoud.

Our bundle of joy. A new rhythm, a new purpose, and a new kind of love.

I am still surprised that he named our child Suhail, the rock and roll of our relationship and I couldn't be more thankful.

My name is Hafsat Usman. A mother. A doctor. A wife. A soldier and A daughter. I am the masked girl. The girl that was raped by four men and watched her brother killed in front of her.  The girl that went to the army. The girl who took revenge on the four men who ruined her life. The girl that found love where she least expected it. The girl that loved and was loved. This is my story.

.
.
.
Writing this book has been a labor of love
🥺❤️‍🩹.

I am filled with an overwhelming sense of gratitude.
Thank you so much for staying with me from the very beginning. I couldn't have done it without your love and support. Y'all mean so much to me and it's bittersweet that we are parting ways here. Thank you for your patience. I  thank each and every one of you who has taken the time to read my book and support my work. Your encouragement and enthusiasm have meant the world to me. Your votes, comments, and messages have been a constant reminder of why I love to write. Thank you for being part of this incredible journey.

I hope that this book has brought you moments of joy, comfort, and inspiration. And I hope you have enjoyed reading it just as much or maybe more than I did while writing it.

Don't forget to share, vote, comment and show me love. Please share with everyone you know. I love y'all so much. Thank you. 🫂😩❤️

And with this I say goodbye.

© Khadija Kende