7 Innocent

Chahat's POV

Chahat's POV

"We should sell the Lancer villa, the foot fall is low and has been steadily declining in the last three years." Harvey argues and I take in a deep breath so that my tone is professional.

"Instead of selling the property, we should convert it into a luxury resort, the location is prime and I can see it turning into a hot spot in summer." I state the facts.

"We don't have that kind of budget to play around with. Selling it is the best option we have before it is too late." he fights back. I get up from my desk to take a seat on his desk, his gaze narrows like he thinks I am going to punch him, instead I hand him my iPad where I have done the rough budgeting and a vision board for the resort.

"This is not even 40% of what it will turn out to be in reality. Yes we will have to keep the business shut for the duration of restoration, but it's worth it in the long run." I add.

"No" he says as he returns the iPad.

"Stubborn!" I pin him with my glare.

A deep velvety laugh erupts from his throat, the green rings around his hazel eyes shine as he shakes his head bringing a smile to my lips. It's been three weeks since the wedding and it's the first time I have seen him really laugh in my presence. My heart thumps in my chest as his laughter warms my soul.

There's a knock on the door and a minute later, Stacey his secretary walks in with our lunch that Wilma, our cook sent from home.

After the night he cooked for me and spoon fed me dinner, the next morning Wilma was standing in the kitchen with a happy smile. She has been with Auntie Isabella for forty years and has been cooking for us for three weeks now. I didn't dare open my mouth because a repeat of that night will be fatal for my self preservation. The way I ran from his lap that night, I would have won the Olympics in running away from your ex best friend if there was one.

"Miss Rai, Harvey, your lunch is here. Also, Miss Wilma called to inform you again that she is on leave tomorrow."

"Mrs. Falcon" he says before I could thank Stacey.

"She's Mrs. Falcon now." he repeats and a blush spreads across my cheeks. There is something soothing about your fake husband/ex bestie correcting his beautiful PA that you are jealous of, and claiming you to be his in front of her.

"Right, my apologies. Mr and Mrs. Falcon, I will keep that in mind for the next time. Enjoy your lunch." she says and walks out.

"Let's eat" I say trying to hide my immense satisfaction as I get up from the desk to sit on the couch.

I never thought I would see a day again when we would be in the same room, forget having meals together. But in the last three weeks, we have had all the meals together on weekdays. Work has been hectic and stressful but surprisingly, it's fun too. We might not agree on half the things but he hasn't been throwing the past in my face and the environment has been professional and less stressful.