Chapter 20

Y/n POV

"I still can't believe yall were all there at the same time" Ice says. Aaliyah, Nika, Paige, Azzi, and I all told our perspectives from the world cup.

"Yeah I'm glad we're all here now though." I say, smiling, and looking around at my teammates.

We all turned our attention back to the TV which was playing a random NBA game, Orlando Vs. Chicago.

"What's y'all's favorite teams?" Amari randomly asked.

"Timberwolves." Me and Paige both say at the same time. We look at each other and laugh.

"Well it used to be the Bulls when D-Rose was around but their kinda mid now. They only have Zach and Demar." I say, referring to the Bulls current roster. Growing up I watched a lot of Bulls games but the Timberwolves just had my heart.

The team went around saying their favorite Teams, Players, and why they like them. Eventually the NBA game ended and we we're all just sitting around, bored.

"Who wants to go on a drive?" Ice said.

"MEEEE" Both me and Azzi yell. We get up quickly and I slip on my Nike slides and throw on Carol's Uconn women's basketball hoodie. You might be wondering how I know it's Carol's because I live with all Uconn women's basketball players. First off it says Ducharme on the back of it and second off she yelled "Hey that's mine" right as we were leaving.

We left the apartment complex and loaded into the car. Ice obviously drove and even though I called shotgun I let Azzi sit in the passenger seat because after all she is a passenger princess.

"Okay where to?" Ice asks.

"I could go for cucumber gatorade." Azzi says. The whole car goes silent. I mean Azzi is like the healthiest person I know. She drinks green smoothies all the time which I find gross but she seems to enjoy. She really had to pick the most random item though.

"Azzi, what is wrong with you?" Ice spits out.

"Seriously Az, cucumber gatorade?" I say in disgust.

"Well you guys don't have a better idea so off to target!" Azzi says in excitement. Ice sighs and pulls out of the parking lot. We head down the road and I suddenly realize no one's on aux.

"Ice lemme get aux" I say.

"Okay as long as you don't play Taylor Swift." Ice says handing me the aux cord.

"Hell nah." I say.

"But I love Taylor..." Azzi says sadly..

"I'm going to have to kick you out of this car." Ice says.

"NO I SWEAR IM KIDDING" Azzi says, trying to defend yourself.

"Whatever you say." I say looking through my late night drive playlist. I ended up finding 'Vixen' By Miguel.

Ice and Azzi look at me with smiles after the first seconds of the song start playing. Azzi daps me up as she starts singing.

"LETS PLAY A LITTLE GAME" She sings.

"JUST BETWEEN YOU AND I" I sing back to her.

"OBVIOUSLY PHYSICAL" Ice sings.

"YOU GOTTA USE YOUR MIND" We all sing in unison. We sing all the way to target playing artists like Brent Faiyaz and PARTYNEXTDOOR.

We arrived at Target and since I was sitting behind Ice in the car she opened the door for me to get out.

"Wow, such a gentle woman," I remarked. We chat about how the Big East tournament is coming up and March Madness. We walk over to the drink section and look for Azzi's precious cucumber Gatorade.

"Are you kidding me!!" Azzi shouts.

"There's no Gatorade at all." and sure enough there was quite literally no Gatorade in sight. No a single bottle on the shelves.

"Looks like I got the last one..." a voice said from behind. We all turn our heads quickly to the voice.

"Riley!" I say. I quickly walk over to greet her and notice she's with some friends who I've never seen before.

Even though that one night happened me and Riley talked it over and we're still friends.

Azzi trails behind me and greets her as well.

"This is Ice, a girl on our team." I say,

"And this is Riley, my friend from class." I finished.

They give each other an awkward 'We just me' wave and Riley soon starts a conversation.

"So what are you guys doing here so late at night?" She asks.

"Azzi needed her precious cucumber Gatorade." Ice says.

"That's nasty Az." Riley says.

Oh..

I thought that was my nickname for her...

Whatever it seems Azzi doesn't care.

"That's what I'm saying." I say to Riley.

"Well all I have is this grape Gatorade if you want it?" She questions.

"Grape Gatorade is gross." Me, Ice, and Azzi say in sync.

We all burst out laughing at the idea of all three of us saying the same thing.

"Well anyways me and my friends are hanging out and watching some basketball if yall wanna join in" Riley says. Me, Ice, and Azzi all looked at each other wondering what the other was going to say.

"I'll text you later if we're going or not." Azzi finally speaks up.

"Okay we gotta go now, bye!" She says waving. We all wave goodbye. I do find it weird how none of her friends said a word when they we're right next to her but they might just be shy. After all we are 3 players on the uconn women's basketball team.

We quickly got some other things from the store since it was closing. Azzi was upset about not finding her gross cucumber Gatorade but we told her we would go to Walmart instead. We checked out and headed towards the car.

"So guys 1 more regular season game and the big east tournament left until March Madness." Ice says.

"Yeah I can't believe it's gone by so fast." I say.

"Who do you guys think we're going to play in the big east championship?" Azzi asks.

"Don't get ahead of yourself... but probably Villanova" I say. Villanova's ranked #2 in the big east, behind us.

As we near the car I quickly start sprinting to get shotgun.

"Ice open the door!" I yell, noticing Azzi start to run for it too.

I hear the beeping of the car, signaling it has been unlocked, and I peer the corner, open the door, and jump in the front seat. I look out the window to see Azzi making a pouty face and all I do is stick my tounge out at her. Ice eventually comes to the car and Azzi gets in the back.

-

-

-

-

-

It had been a successful night. Azzi got her Gatorade and the three of us got matching pajama pants. We all decided to not hang with Riley because we have practice tomorrow and a game following up the next day.

The dorms were quiet as sleep rushed over the huskies.

A/n: This is short but i needed to post something ALSO i felt very aesthetic with that last sentence. i'm gonna try to write a lot soon so stay updated

NOT FULLY EDITED