Chapter 8: My Kids, My Future

Alexis was born on Veterans Day. She was such a happy baby. The biggest smiles. She was cautious and an overachiever. Smart and beautiful. Alexis means defender of mankind and Kaitlin means pure. I gave her a big name that meant something.

Brooke was born in August. My sweet Brookie. An amazing artist and an animal lover. Beautiful inside and out. My miracle baby. Brooke means "water" or "small stream", meaning to endure. You know how water beats against rock and shapes it and Danielle means God is my Judge. Danielle is a feminine name that embodies beauty, intellect, and defiance. It's a name that celebrates staying true to oneself, caring only for judgments of a higher power.

Kirk was born in September, he was my hope. Some pregnancies are unwanted or come at the wrong time in your life. Kirk came at the perfect time, when I needed him. Even if I knew his dad would do the things he did to me, I would still go through what I went through in order to become his momma. I adore him and he has given me so much joy and happy to be his mom. This great boy, my gentle giant with a big heart and who could make me laugh and would love me when I was sad. Kirk means dweller of the church and Christopher is Christ like. I wanted him to have a name to live up to.