A Busy Man.

Maya~

"Wait right here," Christian tells me as I stand in the kitchen while he brings my bag inside.

He pushes my bag against the island, "Come with me," he says, holding out his hand.

"What's going on?"

He doesn't answer me. I walk with him through the hall of rooms. We stop at a door just before our bedroom. "Close your eyes."

I look at him to see if he's serious. I quickly notice that he is being serious. He puts a hand over my closed eyes. He opens to door. He guides me to what I think is the middle of the room.

He removes his hand from my face. "Open."

I slowly open my eyes and look around at a finished nursery. It is perfect for our little girl. Light pink walls and an accent flower wall. Her dark-stained crib sits against the accent wall. The most perfect rocking chair and reading area.

I put my arms around his neck, "Did you do this?"

He holds his hands on my hips, "I had a little help."

"I love it."

I continue to look around, admiring her crib changing station, and all of the storage space. "I was thinking once we pick out a name, I would have a guy cut out her name in wood and hang it above her crib."

I nod, wanting to meet her already. But I know it's for the best if we wait until she's full term. I also want to get all of her clothes and other baby items. I need to do that soon. Well, we need to finalize stuff for the baby shower.

I have to try out the rocking chair. I sit down on the soft white chair and lay back. "This is amazing."

He moves the footstool in front of me and sits down. "Is it okay?"

"It's extremely comfortable."

"Should we get it for Milwaukee?"

"I think so."

He holds his hands around my stomach, "She must like it too."

"Ever since you left on Monday, she's been active at night and right before I go to work."

He smiles, "She missed my voice."

He taps his fingers on my skin, "Are you up for a date?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Dinner?"

"Sure."

He kisses me before pulling me up. "Did I leave clothes here?"

"Yeah, they're in the closet."

I go into our room and rummage through the little clothes I have in here. I figured it wasn't much. He rolls my suitcase back to our room and places it near me on the floor. "Thanks."

He kisses my cheek, "Welcome."

I go through my suitcase and find the maternity dress I packed. He likes to spring dates on me. So I always have to be prepared. The last time I wore this dress, I loved it on me and I wasn't as big as I am now. So I think I'll love it even more.

I see myself in the mirror and I can't get over how my stomach looks. I think I'm loving pregnancy more than I thought I would. I've had some awful moments throughout this time but I am learning to enjoy this beautiful masterpiece that my body is making. It's one thing that amazes me each day.

I make my way to the bathroom to fix my work and travel day hair. Ultimately, I have to put it up. I curl the ponytail to give me some sort of life. I swipe a layer of mascara on my eyelashes before calling it good.