In Case

Dean's pov

I thought yesterday was a good day but I know for a fact today is going to be even better, more specifically tonight. Now I just have to get through my shift without killing my boss. Five minutes ago he called me into his office to rip me a new one, instructing me to leave his door open so everyone in the station could hear me take my ass beating. It's his way of making an example out of me. Unfortunately, Amy's uncle was at the station today to give me a lift so he was present to bear witness to Crowley's tirade.

"Why do you let him talk to you that way?" Uncle Bobby asked.

"Let him?" I scoffed.

"Yeah, let him," Uncle Bobby reiterated, like I was a little slow in the head.

"Because he's my boss and I need my job," I replied with attitude, annoyed that Amy's uncle was treating me like an imbecile.

"I woulda punched him square in the mouth if I were you." Uncle Bobby shook his head, his distaste for my acquiescence toward Crowley quite evident in his tone and body language. "And watch the way you talk to me, boy. I might not be your uncle but I ain't afraid to put you in your place if need be."

"Yeah, well you're not me," I retorted, choosing to ignore his thinly veiled threat. I love how Uncle Bobby doesn't see the correlation between the way he patronizes me and the way Crowley talks to me. "In case you haven't noticed, I got five mouths at home to feed, not including my own. I can't afford to lose this job."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Uncle Bobby questioned loudly. "You think I should be responsible for feeding Amy and her brood?"

"No that's not what I meant," I sighed heavily. "Let's just get out of here okay and go pick up Amy and the kids," I not so subtly suggested.

"I ain't stoppin' ya," Uncle Bobby snapped. "Let's go."

"Lord help me," I mumbled under my breath, following Amy's annoying relative out the door. We have to swing by the highschool first and pick up Alex, then we have to get Drew at daycare, then we have about thirty minutes to kill until Katie's grade school lets out, then after all that we have to meet Amy at the courthouse. She had to drive my car to work since her car is in the shop getting a front end alignment, tire rotation, and new brakes.

Bobby's going to drive the kids up to his cabin on the lake so they can spend the weekend with him. They're planning on doing some hiking, fishing, and swimming since the weather is supposed to be so nice. The best part is, he's taking all three kids with him, even my Katie. Amy and I are going to meet them there Saturday night after we both get off work. Sammy's going to Vegas for his annual guys' weekend with his law school buddies so Amy and I will have the house to ourselves tonight for the first time in forever. I plan on making this a night to remember.

Right now Sammy is at the house getting everything ready for me before he leaves for the airport. The surf and turf dinner, the champagne, the roses, the chocolate covered strawberries and even something called fairy lights. Don't know what they are but my brother bought a bunch of them, swearing I needed them, and a ton of white streamers to decorate the back patio, since that's where I'm gonna propose to Amy tonight before dinner.

"Why don't you get changed into something comfy and I'll order us some dinner?" I suggested to Amy, as we finally arrived home for the night.

"Ok, baby, thanks. I'm way too tired to cook tonight," she replied, smiling softly.

"Join me on the patio when you're done and we'll have cocktails as we wait for our dinner to be delivered."