Chewing Gum

Clarisia

Damien Lynch.
God, how I loathed that guy.
He had smugly put his big feet on the opposite chair, blocking two places at the lunch table.
I suppressed an annoyed snort and slammed my tablet on the table.

"Why so energetic today?" Derik joked and laughed throatily.

Damien didn't even bat an eyelash.
Just when I saw his face, hot anger boiled up in my stomach. He calmly turned the page of his Comic and shoved a chewing gum into his mouth.

It was his eighteenth birthday next week, he was the young Alpha of our pack and read Comics.

I sat down next to my friend Lorelie, not without rolling my eyes.

"It will get better, believe me." Derik leaned over and smiled at me.
His black hair cast a short shadow on his forehead and made his steel blue eyes appear even brighter. "The irritability decreases the longer it's been your birthday."

"Guys", I groaned in horror. "Please, I don't want to talk about it again."

Lorelie loudly sipped orange juice through her straw. "Your imprint will surely come soon."

Jayce and Brian briefly interrupted their conversation about the motorcycle race they had seen on TV the previous evening and glanced at me curiously.

"Nothing to see, boys." I forced a smile. "You can keep talking."
Lorelie laughed loudly and sank her teeth into a shiny apple.

As I ate my mashed potatoes with gravy, I hoped Derik would be right. The restlessness of the Wolf inside me, desperately searching for his mate, drove me crazy.

A movement interrupted my dark thoughts.
Damien took his chewing gum out of his mouth, leaned over and stuck it under my chair. Without even looking up from his stupid Comic.

"Hey, are you crazy?" I hissed angrily.

He looked up from his notebook. The blue of his eyes mixed with a dark green and glowed in the light of the midday sun that filtered through the cafeteria windows.
I swallowed twice, then narrowed my eyes aggressively.

"I didn't see you sitting there", he replied calmly.
His voice was deep and soft, but I could hear the mocking undertone.

Jayce laughed at my outraged expression.
"Get yourself back together, Cass", he said. "It's just chewing gum."

"That's disgusting!" I hissed and pointed at Damiens chest. "You're disgusting."

I glared at him across the table, but he already devoted himself to his Comic again. The page rustled softly as he turned it.

"Oh, now you've hurt me", Damien whined exaggeratedly.

Derik grinned cheekily at me. "Leave him alone, Cass. Soon he will imprint and then he will have to behave, if he likes it or not."

The comment actually earned him a grim glare from Damien.
I smiled at Derik across the table, whereupon he winked at me with one eye.

"Hey guys." Jessy, our Beta-Wolf's daughter, came up to our table and raised her hand.

"Hey", I mumbled as i shoved mashed potatoes into my mouth.

"Jessy!" Damien closed his Comic, where I could see the headline Wolverine and the grotesque drawing of a would-be Werewolf on the cover.

A smile curved his lips, making his blue-green eyes shine. His gaze fell down on Jessy's opulent neckline and I snorted softly through my nose.

I looked down at his feet on the chair next to me and suppressed the impulse to tie his shoelaces together as he flirted with Jessy.
I was definitely too old for that now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Next one is longer ;)
Leave a comment if you like, I would love to see your opinion :)