thirteen

"Lewis." I mutter in disbelief.

"Lilah please- I'm so-"

"Hamilton."

It was too good to be true- he was too good to be true. He's been lying to me this whole time.

My mind is going back to the countless tiny lies he's told about himself to cover up his identity.

I can't breathe.

"Lilah."

I ignore him.

"Lilah."

My heart is pounding in my chest, I don't understand what's just happened. My hearing has completely gone and I can't think.

I briefly hear Luca in the back seat getting confused at what just happened.

I can't even bring my self to speak.

I feel so humiliated.

"Take me home." I say to Lewis as he's already started driving off.

"Lilah-"

I turn to him with a dead look in my eyes "No- just take me home."

The hurt look on his face almost makes me apologise but I can't. I won't. He looks completely torn and destroyed with what just happened.

"Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the back and I look back at him before facing forward- briefly glancing at Lewis who looks nervous. I laugh in disbelief.

"Nobody."

The soft hum of Lewis's music is all that can be heard, even with that the silence is deadly.

Why couldn't he have just told me? I mean I kinda get why he didn't at the start but we've grown to be so close and he had so many opportunities to tell me.

"Lewlew are we going back to your house?" Luca innocently asks Lewis and my body freezes.

Lewis glances at me pleadingly and I shake my head.

"No buddy I'm taking you and your mama home." His voice cracks and I glance at him, he looks so stressed that I think he might throw up.

His hands are slightly shaking as he keeps gripping and releasing the steering wheel nervously.

He's a formula 1 driver.

He's the Lewis Hamilton.

I feel so stupid. How could I not have realised. Ive literally mentioned his name before and he said nothing.

"I'm sorry." He whispers and my heart breaks into a million pieces at how fragile his voice sounds.

I don't respond. I can't. I physically cannot bring myself to speak.

"I was going to tell you-" I cut him off.

"And why didn't you?" I snap to him in a hushed whisper, a tear falling down my eye.

"I just- I didn't know how to." He mutters in defeat. Not actually giving me a proper reason.

"Why do you two sound sad?" Luca leans forward in his seat to ask us and I dry my eyes with my sleeve quickly.