☆11/ Echoes of Betrayal

Karnish Pov

As the night descends over the city, casting long shadows across the urban landscape. But as the night wears on and secrets are exchange like a currency. And this is what excatly happens in life. No matter how much you calculate your strategies before you step further in a chess of life but someone would definitely double cross you and Chen did the same. And now he will pay by losing his life.

I drove back to my mansion after grueling day in my office. All this while my mind was stuck in Ihita and her confidence of challenging me.

Ihita, ever rebellious soul, paces restlessly, her mind spinning with strategies to their enemies. I hate to admit but I'm impressed with her. Specially when a winning smirk plays on her lips. But my mind already was haunted by her familiar honey dripped brown eyes and her rose colonge filled my nostril which made me remind of something.

It's different but still too familiar.

Just like Rose.

But now she will pay for playing with me by keeping her family at stake. Because noway I'm gonna loose this time. You messed with the wrong man, Miss.

My footstep echoed through the opulent halls of my mansion. As I entered the grand foyer, memories of happier times flooded my mind, only to be overshadow by the bitterness of betrayal, but it's nothing in compared to the burden of my fractured family ties.

Then my eyes falls on portrait of my late father's, stern yet dignified figure, seemed to watch over him with silent reproach as I made my way to hall where my so called family awaited for him. Where mom sat regally in her chair and beside that Mr. Arudhan.

Everybody is present here Prisha, Advik , Chachi except one person I hate to the core

" Karnish beta you came." my mother greeted me with warmth smile but I silently nodded not wanting to talk to her.

"Karnish we need to talk about what happend toady in office." I smirk hearing this voice. I looked at the authority of voice and here a man of his words, my Chacha ji Prashant Rajnandan

After my dad he was there for as my mentor specially in mafias. " Not now, chacha ji. I'm not in a mood."

"So let's talk about your marriage." Can I kill this man who claims himself as my mother' husband. No matter how hard I try not to grow my hatness for him, but he ended up talking shit like this to me which makes me do nothing but to kill a person in order to control my anger, not on him but on my fate.

"I told you before and now I'm saying this for last time. Not to interfere in my life." I said while gritting my teeth. "But we are worried for you." This mom said with concern in her eyes.

I wanted to laugh so badly at her statement but I controlled that urge. Her concern might be real but it's too late to show her son whom she tarnished by the weight of accusation and recrimination.

Her each word daggerd to my wounded heart when I needed her most, when I lost Ruhi. But she ruined and she knows what destruction she had made to me. The accusation strucked like a physical blow, repening my wounds that never fully healed.

"Beta I think you should get married." My jaw clenched hearing this voice. But smirk appeared on my face at the mere thought of fear in his eyes. I looked at owner of this voice , my so called grandfather sitting on his wheel chair.

I imedeately signaled Prisha to leave because I don't like her being in his sight.

Fear in his eyes, sweatbuds on his face. That's what I enjoy the most.

This good for nothing old man is nothing but a bastard who made me monster. He is greedy, selfish and heartless who even can sacrifice his own family for his greed.

"You could've save her."

"You don't deserve love."

"You killed Ruhi."

"You are just a cursed for me."

"You are a monster who born out of darkness."

His taunts, his tortured, his curses to me still haunts me. Those screams, accusation, mental tortured, everything.

But I enjoy myself now, looking at him sitting on wheel chair with the fear in his eyes. He knows that I was behind his condition but he never dared to tell anything to anyone. I wish I could kill him but because of my fucking blood relation I can't.

Only I know the depth of his deceit and his true intention. And I would not rest until I exposed him for the manuplative snake he true was.

I was really not in mood to waste my time on him, I signaled Advik to make everyone finish their dinner and rest.

I rose from my seat, his resolve steeling like tempered iron. Mom looked at me with tears in her eyes. She knows that I don't like tears in her eyes but I did not react because she made me like this. I may lost my dad, Ruhi, may have been betrayed but I would not allow myself to be broken.

With steely gaze, I turned my back and started walk. My footstep echoing once more through the empty halls of my mansion.

As soon as I reached my room, my phone buzzed with phone call. I looked at the caller I'd and it's showing Daiwik.

As I received his voice literally pierced my eardrums.

Daiwik; "Bastard why the hell were you not picking up my call?"

Something strike my mind that I was not picking up his calls deliberatly because I was really not willing to talk anyone.

Me; "Now what happend?"

Daiwik; "We found Bagchi's dead body."

I frowned at this information and surprised too. How can Ihita killed him so early? I got to know that Ihita kidnapped from my men when she was in Delhi.

Me; Send me the photos and who was behind this? Do you know?

Daiwik; Anaya Chauhan

\\*_*\\

So this was today's chapter. How was it?

Please do vote and commet. humble request.

Stay tuned because something more intresting is coming up.

bye bye ta ta.❤️

HAPPY HOLI<3