Chapter 11

* + + *

It was early noon, another hot day on the beach that Este and I were lying out in the sun. We had just finished swimming earlier, and were now drying off. It was so beautiful out today. 

I then heard the boys voices behind us, talking about something. Este and I sat up to greet them. They were carrying drinks and a box in their hands. 

Once the two of them reached us, Rowan sat down on my towel next to me, Matt sitting next to Este. Este gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. I didn't expect him too, but Rowan kissed my forehead gently. He was smiling at me and I couldn't help but grin too. 

"We brought pizza." Rowan finally said, gesturing to the box he set down. 

Este and I thanked the boys, and were glad since it was lunch time. Each of us grabbed a slice, and ate in the quiet, listening to the waves crash and the seagulls. 

"What have you girls been up to today?" Matt asked us, taking a drink of his water. 

"Went swimming for a little, and we've been laying out since then. Eileen fell asleep again." Este answered. 

"I did not." I defended. 

"You did. You don't remember cause you were asleep." 

"So, me and Matt wanted to ask you two about something." Rowan started. 

"What is it?" Este wondered. 

I took another bite of my pizza, curious to what they would say. 

"It's kind of last minute cause we just found out, but there's a music festival at Panama Beach tomorrow." Matt explained excitedly. 

"Oh, that would be fun!" Este gushed, holding Matt's arm. 

"We wanted to know if you guys all wanted to go together." Rowan looked at the others, but kept his gaze with me longer. 

"That sounds great." I swooned, smiling. 

I've never been to anything close to a music festival before, and I was actually really looking forward too it. 

"Panama is about an hour and a half away from here, Eileen. So it'll be a little drive." Rowan informed me, since I didn't know about all these beaches. 

"A road trip too!" I added. 

"This is so perfect." Este bubbled. "I'll ask my parents tonight." 

"Okay then." Matt finished. "It'll be fun." 

"Lena, you gotta help me tell them. You're master convincer." Este beamed. 

Only she and I knew she was referencing specific times from when we were younger. 

"What goes on at a music festival besides the music?" I wondered, sort of embarrassed. But they understood. 

"A lot of popular indie and beach bands will be there. A bunch of kids our age hanging out, lots of stuff to do, and great music." Rowan bubbled.