𖦹 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ- 08 𖦹

Playlist: https://spotify

Playlist: https://spotify.link/yXWMeIY5KIb

The whole room was shining in golden light

The whole room was shining in golden light. The glamour almost blinded me. This had to be the most expensive socialite event ever. I scanned the room. There was not a single person whom I didn't recognise. All of them were A listers in the entertainment industry, the Oscar winning directors and producers, the golden globe stars, I literally couldn't detect a stench of a common person. This had to be the richest gathering ever.

I detected Lucas talking to an older man whom I guessed to be the President. By his side, there was a middle aged lady too. I slowly walked towards them. Lucas noticed me and Selena approaching. He excused himself and came for us. But Selena said she didn't want to greet.

"Seriously, I came for you, not for them. I'll ruin the mood if I get anywhere near their radius." She shrugged. She went to socialize herself with the guests. I followed Lucas. I saw how they turned to gaze at me.

The President was in a grey suit. He was skinny but he almost looked like a scholar or a noble from ancient times. He was wearing specs with chains. He was wearing gloves. He definitely was handsome but his wrinkles and grey strands gave his age away. So did the stick he was holding for support. Though it didn't look like he was using it for support. His spine was erect and it was if every nerve of him was alert and cautious.

The lady beside him had the same demeanor. She was more grave and expressionless. Though it did seem a bit like she was judging people though it could be a simple observation. She must have been a beauty because even with her wrinkles she didn't look someone more than thirty five. Only the grey strands in her black hair gave out her age.

They acknowledged my presence with a nod. Lucas introduced me with all the details of my family and my career some ages ago. He skipped the whole family feud
drama and I was grateful for that. What wasn't ready for the questions.

No one has ever told me that I would have to give an interview when I met a guy's parents. It was always the other way around.

"We all know that Lucas cannot love anyone. He can only respect and support. It's been less than 24 hours since you met him. Be honest. Why did you agree to the marriage?" He asked skeptically.