13- Christian

Something happened to me after seeing Ruth in her vulnerable form. Julia was a wonderful woman but what I felt for Ruth was just different.

Seeing her half-burned made me feel unexplainable: angry, sad, and vengeful as if I was ready for a minute to kill whoever had hurt her.

But her attacker had come by himself, and he had sat beside Ruth. towering over her, looking at her as if she was one of the most precious things he had ever seen.

His moment caught my eye as I walked by Ruth's room but before I could come in and do something, or shoot him, he laid a soft hand on Ruth's abdomen.

Her eyes fluttered open, and when she took in his form, she smiled. And then, there was a lot of sentimental exchange as the guy kissed her hand and they talked sweetly and I realized their status.

They were former lovers.

At one point the guy said 'I love you' and as they hugged each other I saw Ruth blush furiously.

Seeing her with another guy, being this intimate with him, made my heart crack.

I had been right from the very beginning. Ruth Diaz was just a playgirl.

I went to the roof to drink. I wasn't much of a drinker, much less a day-drinker but Ruth had caused everything to change.

A girl joined me a few minutes later. She was beautiful, but she looked so heartbroken that looking at her made me feel bad. The first two bottles, we didn't say a word.

But then, all of a sudden, something cracked inside her and she burst into tears. She gave the bottle a look before slamming it against the ground.

The bottle shattered into pieces and I simply reached out and offered her another bottle. She just gave me a shake of the head before looking up at the sky.

I did the same before realizing the sky was significantly clearer than my home. The clouds were beautiful, standing out brightly from the orange sky.

In a matter of five minutes, she fell asleep and I scooped her up into my arms before lifting her from the chair. Luckily, I hadn't drunk much to be drunk or to be unable to carry her.

She seemed underweight and she was too light and easy to carry for me.

I took the elevator to the first floor where Dante was sitting in the hall with a girl. He rose as soon as he saw me and the girl in my arms and walked quickly towards me.

"Is she okay?" he asked me with heartwarming concern.

"She drank some alcohol and passed out."

He pointed in the direction of a room before telling me, "Put her there,"

I did as he told and he followed me. He waited as I put her on the bed before kneeling to take off her shoes. He brushed a strand of hair out of the girl's face and covered her with a blanket.

He took her face into his hands and pressed his lips against her forehead. She groaned and shifted softly and I heard Dante chuckle quietly.

He loved this girl, I knew that for sure.

"Who is she?" I asked him as he closed all the blinds and turned the temperature of the air conditioner to a comfortable degree.

"Her name is Hazel. She is Ruth's best friend," I waited for him to tell me something more about her or how she was related to him but he kept quiet.

There were so many connections between Dante and Ruth. They had so many unexplainable relationships with so many people that it was just exhausting and I was glad that I had started going out with Julia and I felt like whatever I had for Ruth had died down.