1.

I lay there on the chilling floor for what seemed like hours until I lifted myself on my broken fingers. Wobbling on my feet, I steadily cleaned off the dry blood on the floor.

Eventually, I got to the cold shower since it was the only thing they would let me bathe in. My clothes were rags, all torn up. Then again, they always were after the fire.

Looking in the mirror, I grimaced. I could no longer recognize the boy I used to be. He no longer existed because what lay before me was a boy with bruised skin, his eyes almost shut with pained purple. Lips chapped with new blood forming on them. My Cheeks were swollen from the punches, and a body that no one would ever want.

Scars lingered all over it, even whip marks.

I collapsed there, choked sobs of apologies to everything and everyone.

My mate would never want a murderer.

It's my fault that the pack house was lit on fire, my fault that many pack members died, why father is in a coma, my fault I was kidnapped, my fault why they all hate me.

Everything is my fault.

I wish I wasn't born.

I'm a mistake.

After all, who could love a monstrous person like me?

***

"Kronos, wake up. Dude, you can't be sleeping again." A voice said above him, gently shaking him to wake up.

Almost immediately, Kronos sat up and flinched, not knowing who it was. His eyes darted all over the room to look for danger before his gaze fell on his best friend, Azrael. A sigh of relief left him as he slowly relaxed. Kronos hated being touched in any shape or form. It only reminded him of his past; deep down, he was afraid.

Noticing the slight fear coming off from Kronos, Azrael apologized. Kronos quickly forgave him, knowing he was probably in a deep sleep.

Quickly clearing his throat, Azrael began to speak. "Alpha, my mate is officially coming into the pack house today. I sincerely ask that you give me some time off from doing more files." He paused, sighing in exhaustion. "Plus, we've been in the office for the entire week. My neck is killing me." Azrael quickly sniffs the air in disgust, shaking his head. "On another note, when's the last time you had a bath?"

Kronos stayed paused in the middle of his paperwork, in thought. He quickly typed on his phone before pressing the speaker and turning it over to show his Beta. The voice on his cell phone echoed in the office, repeating after his texts.

'For the hundredth, or maybe thousandth time, call me Kronos. I'm your best friend. Secondly, you're the one who insisted on helping me with the pack since I can't talk. Third, I showered. The scent you're smelling is probably the shit you forgot to wipe. Lastly, you haven't seen your mate in a few months, right? You're always traveling to another state to see her?'

Azrael, the Beta, who waited for the speaker to stop, coughed in embarrassment. "I may smell... but at least I can talk."

Kronos rose a brow, crossing his arms.

Seeing that Kronos didn't take the teasing, the Beta quickly raised his hands, waving back and forth playfully. "It was a joke."

'I know. I'm sorry. My wolf is just angsty right now. I'm struggling to control my wolf since he keeps pacing back and forth. It's making me uneasy.' Kronos typed out, letting the voice do the talking.

It was sometimes hard to take him seriously due to his robotic voice in the beginning, but shortly after, the robot changed and spoke with an accent. This made things easier as if Kronos was actually talking.