7.

RHEA's POV:

"Oh, by the way... do you know anything about this bouquet?" Azrael said questioningly.

I peeked my head out from my door before Coco opened it fully.

Azrael held a bouquet that was mainly sunflowers. The arrangement was messy, and it seemed the person had no idea what they were doing.

"Uhh... No. Were they just at my door?" I asked.

He nodded, shrugging. "Yep. I found them like this. There's no note or anything either."

I frowned. Maybe someone is welcoming me to the pack?

"Must be a pack member being nice and welcoming you as their Luna, Rhea," Coco commented.

Just as I thought, too.

We all nodded in conclusion, agreeing.

Azrael handed me the flowers, and I put them in a pot in my room. Regardless of who got them, it was very thoughtful. I smiled to myself, liking the flowers.

Soon after, we had to go to dinner.

Coco, Azrael, and I walked through the pack house and eventually down the stairs leading to the central part.

She had helped me change into something more dressy rather than casual.

"Ready?" She asked me.

I breathed a breath of nervousness. "Ready as I'll ever be."

On cue, Azrael opened the kitchen door connected to the dinner table. The chatter seemed to stop as all eyes laid on me.

Lots of whispers and happy faces appeared.

Some of them frowned, mainly unmated females.

One of them that stood out to me was someone I almost recognized instantly. It was Macy, and I could tell she was staring daggers at me as I walked through the crowd with Coco and Azrael.

'How dare she glare at us!' Daphne huffed, angry.

'She probably has a thing for Kronos, I would imagine. Or she doesn't know me yet.'

'If she so much as looks at mate, punch her in the pus—"

'Alright, that's enough of that. If you don't behave, I'll cut the link for the evening.' I scowled at her.

Daphne reluctantly backed down, still annoyed.

"Guys, this is Rhea Grey. Soon to be your Luna." Azrael announced, smiling.

Lots of cheers occurred, many of them welcoming me. Very few did not say a word but still clapped. Only Macy frowned, rolling her eyes.

Oh, she has a thing for my mate.

Girls support girls until men get involved. Then it's everyone for themselves.

How annoying.

Everyone started to get to their seats. Almost immediately after, a smell I knew all too well hit me.

My mate was here.

Scanning the room, my eyes laid on Kronos.

Daphne howled in my ear, her tail wagging back and forth. 'Mate is so sexy! Let's jump him!' She shouted.

'You must be out of your goddamn mind, Daphne. He doesn't want us.' I replied.

'His wolf wants us.' She whined, sad.

'His wolf?' I asked.

'Yes, we've met. Once we met the eyes of mate, I immediately met his wolf. He is delighted to meet us and says they had been waiting so long for us.' She explained.

'You could have told me this sooner?' I complained.

'I got carried away. I'm sorry, human.' She apologized.

'Did he say anything else?'

'He didn't say much but said our mate cannot mind-link with anyone. He even has trouble connecting to his wolf. He pleaded for our help and that Kronos does like us.' Daphne said, licking her paw to groom herself.

Interesting...

Kronos wants us... yet he pushes us away. Does this mean that he went through a traumatic experience and can't trust us?

Being in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed how close Kronos had gotten to me until he was right before me. I blinked, flustered.

Why does he have to be so hot?

"Ready to eat, Rhea? Kronos is inviting you to sit next to him." Azrael asked, pointing to the chair at the head of the table.

I nodded, following Kronos to our seats. His chair stood at the end of the table, while mine sat next to him. Azrael sat across from me, with Coco right next to him. Nick, one of the guards always posted at his door, sat next to me. He smiled warmly at me, slightly bowing. I smiled back, pleased I didn't have a stranger sitting beside me.

Macy sat towards the middle of the table on Azrael's side. It gave her an excellent view to continue making side eyes at me while looking at Kronos. Dinner was already set, and the main course was pork, white rice, pieces with cucumbers and green beans on the side. My stomach rumbled at the sight in front of me.

"Alrighty guys, dinner is served. Dig in." Azrael announced before I could hear the clutter of utensils moving. Chatter resumed as the pack members ate. While eating, I could feel a pair of eyes on me. It was none other than Macy. I swear the amount of staring she did would drill holes in my head.

I'd have to deal with her later.

'How about now, human? Put her in her place.' Daphne suggested.

'Not over a pack dinner. First impressions matter. I shouldn't let someone insignificant bother me.' I replied, chewing on my food. It was delicious.

Daphne grumbled, still annoyed with Macy.

At the corner of my eye, I could see Kronos occasionally staring at me. But every time I would look up, he would look back down at his place, eating his food. I wonder if he wanted to mention something to me.

Dinner continued and ended smoothly. A few pack members would ask me questions and congratulate me on being their Luna. They were glad I was the Alpha's mate. All the attention made me shy, honestly. Pleased with the outcome, I considered this a victory that the pack approved of me. This made life easier.

A voice caught my attention as I tried to walk back to my room.

"Are you sure you're qualified to be our Luna, Rhea?"

I turned around and came face to face with Macy.

Oh, great.

So much for dinner ending smoothly.