1.1| welcome

"hm.. what should i do today? i've already bothered mick and already messed with the crazy guy at the lighthouse... should i go and haunt the kids at school?"

winnie tap her chin as she pondered today's activity. she walk aimlessly at the sidewalk, tapping her heals making a tippy tappy sound.

winnie has always been at port townsend since she became a ghost. that would mean she has been roaming the town for more than 40 years. the other ghosts at the town were frustrated and annoyed as the dead girl loves to make people's lives harder by her pranks. but no one knows her deeply though. she never talk about herself. about who she was before she died. and she don't intent to tell anyone about it

winnie click her tongue as she failed to think of what to do to kill time for the day. "ugh im so bored. wouldnt it be great to have at least something new happen in this boring town?" she talk to herself while stretching her arms.

that's when she heard a few people talking. she turn towards the voices and saw three new faces that she has never seen. she blinked before grinning.

"well looks like i do have something to do after all." she walks silently towards these strangers with a purpose. she's gonna give them a greeting.

"and now look. all three of us are here and having a bang-on good times." one of the boys, winnie guessed a ghost, said with a grin. "thats all good and well, but remember, charles. it's the dead boy detective agency. not the two dead boys and one sad psychic girl detective agency." the other ghost boy mockingly said. "thats a rubbish name."

"they're both bad names." the girl said frustratingly, turning around to glare at the boys before looking forward again. 'huh. how come this living girl talking to two dead boys. this just getting more interesting.'

"i'll jot that down in a journal of opinions i do not give a damn about." the girl turn around and show her phone to the boys. "i'll ignore that comment and go check out this room i found in the internet."

out of nowhere, a man that was covered in fire appears before them. he scream in agony and pain, reaching out to the curly haired girl. "help! it burns!" the three of them scream their lungs out, as their eyes widen in shock. they back away and the boy in the brown suit jacket almost tripped backwards.

the man suddenly laugh and what shock them more is his voice sounded like a girl. he then transformed into a girl who is smiling mischievously much like a cheshire cat at them. "you should see your faces." she laugh as they stare at her to shocked to say anything. "jesus! you scared the hell out of us!" the guy in a black outfit exclaim as he put a hand on his chest.

winnie chuckled again "sorry. i just thought i could give you guys a warm welcome. get it? warm? with the fire and all." the others groan at the bad joke.

"who are you?" the other guy ask as he had overcome his shock and fear. he glare at winnie.

winnie smile before shifting her weight. she looks very laidback with her lazy smirk on her face. "the name's elowyn. i prefered to be called winnie. i lived here." the three look her up and down. she has a short strawberry blonde hair and a black beanie sat on top of it. she wore a forest gren corduroy jacket as an outerwear and a black rock band shirt.

"so. what brings you here to port townsend?" she ask with a friendly smirk. "what makes you think that we're new here?" the girl ask suspiciously. she cross her arm. winnie snorted "didn't you here what i said. i lived here. i've wondered in this town for as long as i remember. i know everyone and i have never seen you.. weirdos before." she emphasize on the word weirdos.

"are you gonna tell me your names or what?" i smile and look at each of their faces. its been a long time since she met any newcomers.

"my name's charles rowland. and this is edwin and crystal." the boy said with a friendly smile. he is wearing a red shirt and a black jacket. winnie notice the piercing on his slightly pointy ears.

"nice to meet you. so is there any reason you lot come to this town. i mean, don't get me wrong but this town is not a very nice vacation destination." she walk ahead and the others follow her.

"we're a detective agency and currently we're solving the case of becky aspen dissapearance." winnie glance at the boy with a neat black hair and brown suit jacket. "oh yeah i saw becky aspen a couple times before. i could help you." her face lit up at the idea of new friends. but the sour expression on edwin's face is slowly crushing her hope.

"no. no way. we have already burdened ourselves with this human girl who has no memories of herself. we don't need another liability." he glance at crystal before smoothing his suit jacket. the said girl only roll her eyes at him "whatever i'm gonna go find a place to stay." she look back at her phone.

winnie glance at crystal and analyse her for a second. she looks young maybe in her 20s. her curly hair is tied and put in two buns on top of her head. she wore a blue and purple jacket and a white shirt. she seems like a nice girl.

"ooh! where? i can help you find the place." winnie lean herself closer to crystal to peek at her phone. crystal awkwardly show the phone to her. "it says here the owner is.. jenny? do you know her?" the name immediately brought a wide smile to winnie's face. of course she know jenny the butcher.

"yeah i know her. she's so gonna like you. she's very bright and charming, you know?"

✧⁠*⁠。