1.10| reunited

the four of them stands at the sidewalk. crystal was holding becky's shoulder, her eyes white. "you're home. and you don't have to remember anything about that scary house, or that scary darkness. you don't have to think about those bad things again, okay? good girl." becky blinked a few times before slowly walking.

she crossed the road, turning around to look at them, but she can only see crystal. she turned around again to start running "mom? mom!" winnie could see mrs. aspen opening the front door to see her daughter, the woman yelled for her husband before embracing becky tightly.

winnie smile at the sight, the family reunited again. "look at that. job well done. we did it." charles said with a smile, his eyes not living the aspens. winnie's face lit up when she had an amazing idea. "oh, since the case is closed and everything, we should do a little victory dance!" the others snapped to look at her in confusion.

"and maybe sing a song, like in dora, when she completed an adventure with a backpack and a talking monkey." charles smile in amusement before ruffling winnie's hair, her beanie is out of place.

"i had no idea what you're talking about mate, but no, we're not singing a dumb song." winnie laugh while she places the beanie on top of her head properly again. she hum the song 'we did it' softly to herself.

"oh, but what about david the demon?" charles asks curiously as he looks at crystal. "he's still a stalker. and an asshole. but i am gonna get my memories back." the ghosts followed after crystal as they walk out of the neighbourhood.

"but you get us now, yeah?" charles gestured to the other two. "we've beaten him before we can do it again."

"let's not be cocky, charles." edwin said with a small smile when he looks at charles. "cocky? i smack-talked a crow while pulling you out of an abyss and saving a girl, then concussed the witch."

"possessed her, which possibly alerting the afterlife to our location. running from death is hard enough, let alone the creatures that work for her. " winnie only listen to their banter while kicking a few pebbles. running from death? guess she's been doing that all this time too.

"yet none of them are here. looks like we're in the clear. you worry too much, edwin." edwin was about to interject when crystal interrupted "let's just get out of this town before anything else insane happens."

oh, yeah. winnie forgot that the three of them are only here to solve the case. she didn't realise that they would have to leave eventually. guess she'll need to say goodbye. winnie shakes her head. no, no, don't get too attached.

*⁠.⁠✧

afterlife lost & found department

a ding sound alerted a redheaded woman. she lets out a creepy smile before she walked to some sort of machine. the machine printed a strip of paper.

"hm.. let me see. what is this, then?" she walked across the office, where everyone were typing away on the computer. "possession, not so nice. is it?" she raises her voice, one of the worker gasps in surprise.

the woman walk towards a board filled with pictures of children. she takes off two of them and examine it "found you two naughty boys. didn't i?" she smiles creepily before taking off another picture "and you're with her. well, that's just make my job a lot easier."

*⁠.⁠✧

a/n: yayy we finally completed episode one. and there's still a long way to go but it's okay. i love doing this thank you for reading this, really appreciate it. oh and i have a doodle of winnie. just thought to share it with you (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

 just thought to share it with you (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)