Bonus Chapter: The Camping Trip

Bonus Chapter

A new bonus chapter is now available to read on Ream for Early Bird and Beach Holiday subscribers! It takes place between the final chapter and the epilogue, so there will be spoilers if you haven't read/finished Behind Office Doors.

It's dual POV with some romance and plenty of spice! Here is a small sneak peek:

The Camping Trip

JASON

I'd made a mistake.

When Imogen had said she wanted to go camping, I hadn't considered it a romantic weekend away. That might have something to do with the fact she'd claimed she wanted to see me 'cope without the luxury of a ten-grand mattress'.

Funny — she enjoyed that mattress just fine whenever she stopped over.

Nevertheless, there had clearly been some kind of significant miscommunication over the purpose of this camping trip, because she'd turned up with a rucksack full of lingerie and sex toys...

... And I'd turned up with her brothers.

"Why did you invite them?" she muttered under her breath as we battled with poles and pegs.

"You said you'd not seen them in ages." I fed a metal rod through a tiny hole in the tent sleeve. "And I know you used to love camping with your brothers growing up. I thought it'd be a nice surprise."

She huffed. Exactly. No answer for that, because it was the truth. If anything, she should be thanking me for being such an attentive boyfriend.

"It's not like they're sharing a tent with us," I pointed out. "We'll still have—fuck!" A section of my pole disconnected halfway through the sleeve, leaving a floppy bend towards the roof.

"Need a hand?" Julian asked. "Why don't you guys try to catch the sunset while Myles and I finish off here?"

"We're fine." Imogen's tone was not at all fine. "I've seen a thousand sunsets with him."

Huh. So much for a 'romantic' camping trip. 

"Come on." I squeezed her shoulder. "Let's go for a walk. We'll repay the favour tomorrow morning and take both tents down."

Julian clapped his palms together. "Sounds like a deal."

Reluctantly, Imogen stepped away from our sorry excuse of a tent and tossed a grateful smile at her brother.

"We'll cook dinner too," she said.

"Thanks, but no thanks." Myles sauntered over and threw his arm around her shoulders. "I'd rather not have food poisoning."

She shook him off and drove a fist into his ribs. "Dick."

He shoved her back, and she stumbled several metres before landing on her arse. The glare he received in return was nothing short of murderous.

I resisted the urge to help her up. That was a mistake I'd only made once—these three fight physically and she hates it when I do anything to suggest she needs help.

A few moments later, we were strolling down the grassy public footpath in search of a view. Surrounded by hills and valleys, it shouldn't have been hard to find, but Imogen veered off to the left and began to trudge through overgrowth.

Already on thin ice, I chose not to question her. Instead, I gritted my teeth as brambles scraped my shins and nettles stung my knees. She powered ahead, seemingly immune to the pain.

Maybe she was looking for somewhere private to fuck. She loved both angry sex and public sex, and I'd unfortunately taken it off the cards tonight by pitching up a tent metres away from her brothers.

*** 

To read more, subscribe to my Beach Holiday tier on Ream, where you'll also get early access to my ongoing books (Bodyguard and Written in Stone) as well as the full-length versions of Office Affairs and Behind Office Doors. Link in the comments! 

 Link in the comments!