83. Who's the enemy?

Hey people,
Hope you are doing well but I'm really disappointed.

The reads on the last chapter were more than 5k and the engaged readers of this book are more than 30k yet the vote target of 1000 is left incomplete.

Still, here I am updating the next chapter for those loyal readers. But I won't update the next chapter like this. It's going to be the final chapter and I think I deserve some appreciation at least in the penultimate chapter.

The target for the next chapter is 125 comments and 1200 votes.

Enjoy reading!!

Daksh

We returned from Tirupathi and she distributed the gifts she bought for the elders. Today is our reception and the invitations are sent to everyone including the media houses. I can't wait to announce to the world that we belong with each other and another important reason is to let him know now she is mine and I would go to any extent to save her.

"Aksh, which one should I wear?," Her voice broke my trance and I took steps toward her who was sitting in front of the vanity mirror with her back facing towards me. I took the one with round edges among the two necklaces and hooked it around her neck.

"I thought you would choose the heavy set," She turned to me with an earring in her hand. I took the other one and helped her wear it.

"I didn't see which one was heavy or light. I chose the one that looked comfortable for you to wear," I explained with a kiss on her forehead and she nodded with a smile.

The reception was planned for the evening and it was still 9 in the morning. Papa suggested I should go and look into office matters once as none of our family members went there in the past 10 days as we all were in Udaipur and then went to Hyderabad directly. though we all looked into our respective works online and kept tabs, we couldn't be sure if it was right at the office so I decided to visit the office once.

"Aksh, can I come with you?" My kitten chirped in an excited tone as we climbed down the stairs to have our breakfast.

"You want to come?" I asked. She must be tired after all the functions and travel from the past many days. But she didn't even look a tad bit tired. All she needed was proper sleep and she would be fresh as a flower the next morning.

"Of course, I want to. Please," She gave me her puppy eyes that melted me every time but today even I wanted to ask her to come along as I didn't feel like leaving her. I nodded with a smile and she wrapped both her hands around my bicep as she happily pulled me to the dining table.

"Good morning, everyone!" She chirped in her merry tone and they all returned her wishes with the same enthusiasm. I wished everyone morning and took my seat beside her. She served for me and herself making me smile.

"Papa, I am going to the office with Daksh," She told Papa with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"That's great beta," Papa replied with a smile.

"Come home soon, Chaithu. You need rest to handle all those people in the evening," Maa sa suggested and she nodded at Maa with a smile. They both spoke something in a hushed tone as they were sitting beside each other making me and Papa shake our heads at the duo.

"Let's go?" I forwarded my hand and she got up holding my hand. We bid bye to everyone and drove to our office with Abhi, and Rakshith in the back seat. Rohan couldn't come as Di asked him to stay back.