𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 28; Ooo, drama? 🤩

"Is it just me or has the Imperial city's security become tighter these days?" some noble asked as they walked past a group of marching knights.

"I don't think you're imagining it," another noble said. "After someone tried to assassinate the members of the Imperial family, The Crown Prince personally ordered for an increased insecurity."

"The Imperial family was attacked!? When? Who?"

"Well...I heard it was the triplets."

"To increase security just because of those illegitimate children, how far has the Imperial Family fallen..."

"Watch what you say! There were a few nobles who were dragged away just for saying stuff like that. And those who said it in the presence of the youngest..."

"You mean..?"

"The Poisonous Butterfly? Yeah." The noble shivered even by mentioning the name. "I don't think we should continue this conversation."

"Yeah...even I don't test whether or not the rumours are true."

"I heard from some of the servants working even remotely near the palace that they could hear blood curdling screams! How The Poisonous Butterfly had mercisly ordered for anyone who even looked her wrong way to have their limbs pulled apart one by one. It was done out in public! Not even the Third Prince is that bold."

"Really? I heard that she smiles when she tortures people."

"What a psychopath..."

"Let's just go..."

The Crown Prince, Lloyd, watched as the two nobles walked away. He stood there silently, contemplating what had just heard with a troubled expression.

***

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," the red haired man said softly, offering his hand for Arien to take.

"N-no, it's fine..." Arien took the hand and dusted off her dress.

"Oh, hello," Arjen greeted the man with a smile.

"Heya foxy," Sora said, dragging out each syllable. "Pity to see you still in one piece."

Jason gave Sora a polite smile. "It's nice to see you too, Sora-nim."

"You know him, Sora?" Arien asked. She couldn't really be surprised anymore.

"Unfortunately so," she said with a pout.

"Why are you here, Jason?"

His red eyes lit up with a spark. "Oh, you know my name!"

Arjen nodded. "Sora likes to say...things about you."

"Well, I wanted to know why Arien had a long face," he said as he faced Arien, a warm smile on her lips. "An expression like that doesn't fit her."

"Oh..." Arien said, blushing.

"If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you look so down? Mhm?"

Arien didn't know why, but she felt as if she could tell him all her problems. She felt weirdly attached to the stranger—Jason, as Arjen called him.

"I feel frustrated," Arien said. "The Emperor slept with a woman he didn't even love, had children with her and then kept them. He left us in a place that only caused us pain, for five whole years..." Her voice slowly rose in volume. "Then ordered us to live here. He does as he pleases, acting like nothing's wrong!"

"That's very true."

'What?'

"The Emperor is just so infuriating sometimes," Jason hummed thoughtfully and rested his chin against his fist. "He's always lost in his own thoughts and doesn't care about the people around him. He really is the worst, that emperor. When you're in pain, he doesn't help at all."

Arien noticed how he said all of it in a tone like he personally knew what they had experienced.