Chapter 23.

TW: possibly uncomfortable things but I don't wanna spoil it. It will be mentioned most likely for the rest of the book.

♡George pov♡

I woke up cuddling against someone. I slowly sat up and looked down at him. He's muscular and blonde. He had some freckles, and his slightly curly hair fell over his forehead. I could hear his steady breathing as he slept.

"Clay." I mumbled, the name coming to mind.

Why can't I remember things very well? Clay is my boyfriend. I don't remember how long he's been my boyfriend for but I know I trust him. I lost my virginity to him. He was always very nice and gentle towards me. I shouldn't be scared of him.

I slowly laid back down on his chest. Although he was still asleep, he hugged me tightly, and a small smile appeared on his face.

He's very cute. I wonder how I got so lucky. I don't really remember how we met. I know he likes me very much. Karl told me one time. Actually, I think he loves me. I remember he told me that.

I shut my eyes and let myself drift back off to sleep in the arms of the muscular blonde whose name I barely remembered.

♡Clay pov♡

I woke up to the sound of crying. I slowly opened my eyes. George had his face in his hands. His body shook as he sobbed. It was obvious he was trying to be quiet.

"George?" I said softly.

He looked over at me.

"I'm sorry." He cried quietly.

I sat up next to him.

"What are you sorry for?" I asked.

"I cheated on you." He sobbed.

"George, no, you didn't. You didn't ask for any of those things they did to you. You didn't want that." I assured him.

"I-I also barely remember who you are. I can't remember how we met. I even forgot your name. Why can't I remember anything?" He asked.

"You're horribly traumatized, George. You went through a lot of torture. It doesn't help that you had past trauma as well. Your brain is trying to block things out to protect you." I told him.

"Why is it blocking out good things, though? I want to remember things about you but I can't." He sobbed.

"It'll come back, love. It will. I'm sure of it." I assured him.

"I'm so scared. All I can remember is the things they did to me. I don't want to think about that. I want to think about you and- and Karl. Not those stupid fucking men." He stuttered a bit.

"I know, George. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I'll be here with you every step of the way. I promise. I'll do whatever you need me to do. Whatever you want." I told him.

"Hold me?" He sobbed quietly.

"Of course, my love. Come here." I coarsed.

He leaned against me, and I held him tightly. He sobbed into my shoulder, gripping my shirt.

I'm happy he's letting me touch him. He's speaking instead of just staring. I gently began running my fingers through his hair. I felt his tense body relax, and he soon stopped crying. He mumbled something incoherent into my shoulder.

"Baby, I can't hear you." I told him.

He turned his head to the side a bit. His eyes were shut, and he was fully relaxed against me.

"Feels so good." He mumbled.

I laughed a bit and he gave me a small smile.

"Love, I missed your pretty smile so much." I told him.