One

Glass shattered around him as the boy covered his ears in shock.

  "Food better be ready in an hour, I'm starving!" He screamed, the piercing sound of his voice almost causing him to wince.

"Okay father." He answered, throwing his school bag onto the island chair and looking in the fridge for ingredients. Pulling out the things he needed, he cleaned up the broken beer bottle before starting dinner.

Once he felt that his father would be satisfied with the food, he informed that it was ready before taking a plate upstairs with him.

He lightly knocked on the door, smiling at the women who stared blankly at the tv. "I brought you dinner mom. It's hot, so give it a few minutes."

Once her eyes finally looked his way, she briefly scanned for injuries before giving a small nod of thanks.

"Goodnight mom, I'll come bring you breakfast in the morning."

Making it back to his bedroom, he let out a deep sigh before reaching into his bag for his homework.

      Better to keep my mind busy

-

Anticipating the dismissal bell, Daiki bolted out of homeroom once again.

He noticed the taller male that he had ran into the other day as he talked to a friend. Not only did he have the height but he was insanely attractive.

A hand grabbed his wrist and dragged him behind the stairs, his body being slammed into the brick wall.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He squinted, trapping Daiki against the wall and himself.

Fear filled his body. Knowing his knees could give out any moment, he squeezed his eyes shut.

   "S-stop." Were the only words he could muster out.

"Hey."

Kazu turned around to face the voice, removing his body from the frightened boy. "Can I help you?"

The tall male looked at Daiki, scanning his body language. "Are you okay? I saw him drag you over here." He bluntly stated.

"He's fine, we are old friends. Aren't we, Dai?"

Unsure of what to say, he could only look back and forth between them. The taller ran a hand through his hair with a huff. "My name is Takiya. I'm a fourth year." He introduced, sending a glare towards Kazu.

  "I don't like whatever is going on here." He then admitted, returning his eyes to the youngest of the three. "It's about time we all head off to class now, isn't it?"

-

   "Takiya? Yeah I've heard of him. Many people say he's an asshole, why?" Maemi dug into her lunch, seemingly very hungry.

  With a small shrug, he leaned back against the bench. "Slow down, you look like you haven't eaten in days. Kazu pinned me under the stairs and Takiya sort of came to my rescue. He's kinda cute." He admitted.

  She let out a nod of agreement. "He is respectfully.. very fine. Are you okay though? What happened with Kazu?"

  "He dragged me under the stairs and asked why I was avoiding him. Takiya showed up right after and said we should be getting to class." He briefly explained. She took a moment to think about it while chewing her food.

  "Maybe you can ask to transfer homerooms? Claim harassment?" She tried suggesting with an unsure expression.

  With a shrug of his shoulders, the two ate in silence to finish their food before the last class of the day.

"Oh, before I forget!" She reached into her bag, pulling out his phone along with a brand new one. Looking at her in disbelief, he shook his head. "I can't take this- it's nicer than mine. What if it gets broken?"

"It's not a big deal. Do your best to hide it so we can stay in contact." She sweetly smiled.

-

Getting home that night, Daiki had made his parents dinner as usual and was finally able to bring out the brand-new phone.

Noticing the wallpaper was already selected as an old photo of the two, he couldn't help but to smile.

She is too kind for her own good..

Opening the already-downloaded social media app, he gave in to the temptation of making an account.

Within just a few moments of finding Maemis account, the boy noticed a new follower notification.

Takitaki Wants to follow you

-