Chapter 43

TARGET : 200 VOTES

RUDRANSH

She smiled. She didn't hit me. She didn't fight me. She just smiled and started climbing the stairs.

I followed her. I tried to hold her hand as we reached our bedroom. But she didn't let me hold her.

I know I deserve more than this. But I wanted to be selfish for her...

'You've always been selfish' my brain mocked me.

"Aisha please...?" I murmured once I pulled her close to me.

"I'm also pleading you Rudransh. Please give me space. I need to think. I need time to process everything" I heard her say as she removed herself from my hold and went inside the closet and locked the door.

"Can you hear me out? Please? Once?" I asked.

I knew nothing justifies what I did, but i wanted her to listen to me. The door opened revealing her, she changed her outfit i see. She was clad in a simple kurti and denim, that made her look beautiful even though she had blankness in her eyes.

"Thank you for coming out to listen to me. I know you are upset about it..but the thing is-" i was coming to the point when she told me to stop abruptly showing her palm.

"I think we don't need to talk about this rudransh. Both of us know the reason. So I don't need to hear it from your mouth" she said as she walked to the nearby table and grabbed the keys of her car.

She knew. But she should at least hear from me right? She should know what I felt that time right?

"Where are you going?" I asked keeping all the thoughts aside.

"To house" came her reply. Since when did it become a house from home for her?

"It's not safe. I'll drive you. Let's go" i said as i tried to take the keys from her.

"Please !!!! You're exaggerating a lot ! Can't I drive?" She shouted with a serious expression on her face.

"You can aishani. But please let me drive. I don't want to leave you alone. And it's Diwali, everyone will be out-" i was cut off by her.

"QUIT YOUR ACTING RUDRANSH. It's making me feel sick" she lashed out.

She has every reason to. And she has every reason not to stay with me.

"Okay" I said as I saw her going away in front of my eyes. I wanted to stop her. Tell her not to go away. I keep getting this weird feeling that I am unable to name it.

"I just want her to be safe. Please" i muttered. I didn't know who I was making the request to. Because i didn't believed in the almighty and all.

But anything for her... For My Aishani!.

I dropped a quick message to akhil telling him to inform the security to follow aisha and to make sure that she was safe.

"Aishu bhabhi kaha hai?" I heard Rahul ask as he came in.

"She went to our house. She needs to pack for tomorrow. The flight is at 10am" i replied staring at nothing.

"Are you okay bhai?" Rahul's voice came out concerned.

"Yes" i replied.

"Mom was asking about both of you" Rahul informed and started going out. I received a message from Akhil. There were photos of aishani going into Singhania Mansion. Though the pictures weren't clear, i know she's stopping herself from crying.

I made an excuse and began to go our house. I poured myself a drink and started taking sips from it. I was sober enough even after a bottle.

It was getting difficult for me to open my eyes as i heard the blasting of my phone's ringtone. I was barely able to take it out and I kept it on the counter as I put it on speaker.